The Student Room Group

Man caught drink driving atop motorized chilly bin

In these days of depressing news stories I thought i'd share this little gem from our fraternal brothers in the arse end of the world - Sorry New Zealand - but this really ishilarious. I feel the poor blighter should have been let off simply for the entertainment value of this!
Thoughts?

A Taranaki man got a frosty reception from police when he was snapped riding drunk on a motorised chilly bin.
About 8pm on December 9, Lani Lewis Hunt was stopped by officers on Ngāmotu Rd in New Plymouth after he was seen riding south along the street while sitting atop the four-wheeled mobile chiller.
The summary of facts said Hunt was breath tested by an officer and blew 538 micrograms of alcohol per litre of breath, which is more than double the legal limit of 250 mcg.
"In explanation the defendant admitted to drinking alcohol and stated that he had just gone to the dairy to get some smokes and had not realised it was illegal to drive the motorised chilly bin on the road."
Hunt appeared in the New Plymouth District Court on Thursday, where he pleaded guilty to drink-driving and driving without a licence.
The 35-year-old was convicted and fined $500 but no driving disqualification was imposed.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/101473771/man-caught-drinkdriving-while-riding-atop-motorised-chilly-bin
What a vehicle! :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest