Turn on thread page Beta

Fitness for your body type opinions needed watch

ReputationRep:
    after being very overweight for the majority of my teens I decided it was time to shape up and loose some flab. I went from around 115kg to about 90kg, whilst you would seem this would have a big impact on my look (it did) it didnt have a massive effect, I am very short at about 5.5 so my big problem now seems to be dealing with the pockets of fat around my lower core and love handles. I see pictures of thees slender looking guys looking toned af and see this as a place I would like my fitness to be.

More recently I have swayed into watching beefy strong men work out and I feel as a very broad fella it would be better to adopt a similar (far milder) work out/diet (and no I have no intentions of eating 8000cals a day) as I see these guys with similar builds to me, large shoulders, broad waste etc...

so opinions on this please

should your body shape define your workout or does your workout define your body shape?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.