Turn on thread page Beta

3 options what would be the best? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I am going to do my driving test in march however i want to buy a car soon as the one i am most interested in is in low stock in my area.

Here are my 3 options atm that will total me to around 5-6k with insurance.

seat ibiza 1.2 tsi sportrider 5dr - £4k but i hope i can do 3.5k when i try to buy it. It has Petrol and 64k miles (What worries me the most as this aint diesel) 50k miles 2011

Same car as above however 3dr semi automatic disel at around 3k 2011

Ford fiesta (Most of my friends have one so it will legitimately be a ford fiesta gang if i do get one) around 30-40k miles 2010-2011 version

Thanks, would like some comments
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by RandomName12311)
    Hey,
    I am going to do my driving test in march however i want to buy a car soon as the one i am most interested in is in low stock in my area.

Here are my 3 options atm that will total me to around 5-6k with insurance.

seat ibiza 1.2 tsi sportrider 5dr - £4k but i hope i can do 3.5k when i try to buy it. It has Petrol and 64k miles (What worries me the most as this aint diesel) 50k miles 2011

Same car as above however 3dr semi automatic disel at around 3k 2011

Ford fiesta (Most of my friends have one so it will legitimately be a ford fiesta gang if i do get one) around 30-40k miles 2010-2011 version

Thanks, would like some comments
    They all sound fairly decent. I'd suggest running some insurance quotes so you can estimate how much that'll cost on each of the three cars, as that might affect your decision. Aside from that it's really down to personal preference I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    They all sound fairly decent. I'd suggest running some insurance quotes so you can estimate how much that'll cost on each of the three cars, as that might affect your decision. Aside from that it's really down to personal preference I think.
    I already have this is why i mainly narrowed it down to these 3 cars. Just scared that the petrol engine after 64k may start to fail and cause me more costs down the road. I only really need a car for 1-2 years then i will buy a better one when my insurance drops.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by RandomName12311)
    I already have this is why i mainly narrowed it down to these 3 cars. Just scared that the petrol engine after 64k may start to fail and cause me more costs down the road. I only really need a car for 1-2 years then i will buy a better one when my insurance drops.
    Well if you want low risk maybe the Fiesta would be best, there's a lot of them around and they're generally reliable.

ReputationRep:
    The manual Ibiza by a long shot.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.