Turn on thread page Beta

My Girlfriend Wants To Take Harder Drugs watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've been with this girl for over 3 months now, its long distance so things are already hard enough knowing that I can't be with her. She's also had various breakdowns, mental health problems and what not. I've always been there for her and I've never given up on her no matter how hard it gets for me. In December and a few weeks ago she was SERIOUSLY close to taking her own life and it really destroyed me, I love her more than anything. Anyway, she's smoked weed before and so have I and its not a major deal to me, we're both responsible and cautious but obviously I still get anxious or nervous (its not a regular thing). But from time to time she's been offered Acid, Ecstasy and other stuff, she's always come to me before saying anything and I've expressed it to her that I'm not comfortable with it, I'm not sure why, I just get a bad feeling when I think about her doing that stuff. I trust her so much and I know that nothing bad will happen. But she's always rejected any offers and respected my views on it, which I'm really thankful for. I think the main reason is just that she's depressed, has a lot of breakdowns and other stuff and she just wants to feel okay, I want her to feel okay. We rarely see each other but when we do she tells me she feels safe, genuinely happy and not depressed whatsoever, obviously this would be so much easier if I lived next door to her and I could see her everyday. I don't want to control her life and I don't want her going down that road, I've told her that if she does do it I'll try and convince myself that its okay, but she knows that I wont stick around if it does happen (its not something I want to be involved with). Like I said, I don't know why I don't want her to do it, I just don't. The whole depression and breakdowns has put a lot of pressure and stress on me enough and I don't want anything else, I just want a normal relationship. So, is there anyone that can help me? I need serious answers.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    have you told her there are other things she could do if she wanted to feel okay?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, your boy here again, ive done Ket and Coke and im fine, do it everyday and youll end up dead, but we will all die anyway so why not now?

Your boy,
    EVILareFEMA - pls no ban, dont trust FEMA
    FEMAareEVIL

Honestly, you don't need drugs to make you feel good. That's just an excuse. I get you really love her and you just want her to be okay but forcing yourself to think it's okay for her to use them just to make her happy because she wants to do it is not okay. I honestly think your relationship could get toxic if she doesn't get the help she needs. You can't bring yourself down if she is having issues, if she can't fix them than maybe you should consider breaking the relationship. This is a much bigger issue than just using harder drugs. This is about her mental health and she may need a push in the good direction. Help her out but don't let yourself get dragged in with her too. Best wishes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Honestly, you don't need drugs to make you feel good. That's just an excuse. I get you really love her and you just want her to be okay but forcing yourself to think iherself,y for her to use them just to make her happy because she wants to do it is not okay. I honestly think your relationship could get toxic if she doesn't get the help she needs. You can't bring yourself down if she is having issues, if she can't fix them than maybe you should consider breaking the relationship. This is a much bigger issue than just using harder drugs. This is about her mental health and she may need a push in the good direction. Help her out but don't let yourself get dragged in with her too. Best wishes
    Ive told her so many times that she doesn't need them, even when she's depressed on call I'm able to cheer her up, I just don't want her to even remotely consider doing anything like that. I just know that if I did break up with her she'd panic and do a lot of damage to herself, which obviously puts me in a tough spot (if I ever considered breaking up). she's getting some help and I'll talk to her about talking to her therapist about it, thanks for the help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.