Turn on thread page Beta

student laptop watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi

I'm looking to buy my first laptop, I don't want anything fancy, just for word documents, emails, YouTube and a little Minecraft (not a priority as only play about an hour a fortnight). I have spent hours traveling through the web and have just got really confused as to what everything means. My budget is about £500, but anything under would be better.

thanks in advance for your help

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    This one is particularly good, It features the new i5-8250U which is incredibly fast, 8GB of RAM and a fast SSD storage. The only issue I can see here is the storage being small but it is worth it for the SSD as that will be thing that speeds up the laptop the most. https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compu...69401-pdt.html

It will handle everything you need. I have the same CPU and am able to run Minecraft at 100 - 200 FPS, it has 4 cores and 8 threads and can boost to 3.2 GHz if that means anything to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 152mmOfDerp)
    This one is particularly good, It features the new i5-8250U which is incredibly fast, 8GB of RAM and a fast SSD storage. The only issue I can see here is the storage being small but it is worth it for the SSD as that will be thing that speeds up the laptop the most. https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compu...69401-pdt.html

It will handle everything you need. I have the same CPU and am able to run Minecraft at 100 - 200 FPS, it has 4 cores and 8 threads and can boost to 3.2 GHz if that means anything to you.
    thank you so much, that's great.

thanks for your time

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.