Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I applied for History first and received my college allocation to Stephenson which I really liked when I went to the open day but I decided before then that I really would prefer Ancient History and when I applied I hadn’t received my college allocation I had assumed I’d be given the same though for Ancient History but no I’ve been given a second allocation to Grey College. I really liked Stephenson and it really seems more like me (plus it’s considerably cheaper and my maintenance loan will be on the lower spectrum) Does anyone know if I can accept my Ancient History course but accept Stephenson College instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkatcaddywhack)
    So I applied for History first and received my college allocation to Stephenson which I really liked when I went to the open day but I decided before then that I really would prefer Ancient History and when I applied I hadn’t received my college allocation I had assumed I’d be given the same though for Ancient History but no I’ve been given a second allocation to Grey College. I really liked Stephenson and it really seems more like me (plus it’s considerably cheaper and my maintenance loan will be on the lower spectrum) Does anyone know if I can accept my Ancient History course but accept Stephenson College instead?
    My gut instinct would be that you'd probably have to join Grey College if you're accepting your offer for Ancient History. Part of the college allocation system revolves around the idea that each college has a certain number of places for students studying each course, so it might be that the places for Ancient History in Stephenson were all filled by the time they came to re-allocate you.

That being said, I don't think this is something anyone on TSR could tell you definitively because it's such a unique situation. Since the two degree titles are so similar, I would at least suggest ringing the university to ask. It might be that they formulate their college-degree quotas based on department, in which case it's possible (though I'm not sure how likely it is) that you'd be able to swap.

Hope this helps!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.