Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Or if you're on level 5 for reps, link me one of yours.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by blawan)
    Or if you're on level 5 for reps, link me one of yours.
    It's this one with 646 positive reps: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2056264

At a close second is this post at 630, used to be the highest: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1837643

Nothing else comes close to either of those, the next higest post has a measly 482 rep. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    It's this one with 646 positive reps: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=2056264

At a close second is this post at 630, used to be the highest: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1837643

Nothing else comes close to either of those, the next higest post has a measly 482 rep. :p:
    Can you see how many negs they had before the function was removed? Pretty sure that first one had over 100?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Can you see how many negs they had before the function was removed? Pretty sure that first one had over 100?
    44. :fyi: Of course the post with the most overall ratings (back when rep could be both positive and negative) is this infamous reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    44. :fyi: Of course the post with the most overall ratings (back when rep could be both positive and negative) is this infamous reply.
    Ah, imso. Them were the days :moon:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Dez)
    Oh man, what a throwback. I wasn't even a member of the site in 2011, and yet when I did join this was always linked back to so consistently. What was the final neg rep on this post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Not a very quality reply in all honesty; seems to be the mindset of every teacher in that you should choose solely on prestige and reject anything less.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Oh man, what a throwback. I wasn't even a member of the site in 2011, and yet when I did join this was always linked back to so consistently. What was the final neg rep on this post?
    823, plus pages and pages of replies arguing about it. :p: Rarely is TSR so united in disagreeing about something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)

I'm disgusted
    I'm too saddened to even speak anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Let's make this post the most repped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Of course it was going to be imso :ahee:

I miss those days!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Study Helper
    We need a where are they now for people like imso. Dang.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Dez)
    823, plus pages and pages of replies arguing about it. :p: Rarely is TSR so united in disagreeing about something.
    Bloody hell that was quite the hate received. It doesn’t seem like the hate was deserved but eh what can I say
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by CountBrandenburg)
    Bloody hell that was quite the hate received. It doesn’t seem like the hate was deserved but eh what can I say
    There's a bit of a snowball effect with rep, if a post has an abnormally high number of ratings, more users will pay attention to the rep count, which then encourages users to rate the post even more. That particular post was a perfect storm of a controversial, popular topic, posted by one of the most notorious users of the site at a time when rep levels were held in quite high esteem.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.