Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    returned home tonight from work to find my best closest freind Simba my cat missing. Normally i would return to find him not so far away. Id only have to call his name a few times and hed come running. If i go away which i do travel alot my next door neighbour usually minds him and lets him in and out of the house and also feeds him. I started a new job last week and so i arrived home tonight later than exspected. Normally i would feed simba 3 times a day. He is quite a hungery cat and would eat the legs of the table if i allowed him too. This morning i feed him about 7am and so went 15 hours intotal without food. I pray hes ok. Id hate to think of him hurt or injured somewhere? Hes such a funny thing so cute and catches everyones attension. He makes me giggle alot and a joy to have. He is a ginger Tom cat. He is not chipped. I have out food in his litgle bowl outside just incase he returns Its not the first time he wondered off but has always managed to return eating the food out of his bowl left outside and staying nearby. Tonight this did not happen any suggestions would help thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by douglas88)
    returned home tonight from work to find my best closest freind Simba my cat missing. Normally i would return to find him not so far away. Id only have to call his name a few times and hed come running. If i go away which i do travel alot my next door neighbour usually minds him and lets him in and out of the house and also feeds him. I started a new job last week and so i arrived home tonight later than exspected. Normally i would feed simba 3 times a day. He is quite a hungery cat and would eat the legs of the table if i allowed him too. This morning i feed him about 7am and so went 15 hours intotal without food. I pray hes ok. Id hate to think of him hurt or injured somewhere? Hes such a funny thing so cute and catches everyones attension. He makes me giggle alot and a joy to have. He is a ginger Tom cat. He is not chipped. I have out food in his litgle bowl outside just incase he returns Its not the first time he wondered off but has always managed to return eating the food out of his bowl left outside and staying nearby. Tonight this did not happen any suggestions would help thanks
    I'm really sorry this is happening Contact your local vets and cattery and see if he's been taken there, and post on your social media accounts about it with pictures asking for people to keep a look out. If there are any buy sell swap groups for your local area in particular on Facebook, post in there if you can as a lot of your local community will see it

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I'm really sorry this is happening Contact your local vets and cattery and see if he's been taken there, and post on your social media accounts about it with pictures asking for people to keep a look out. If there are any buy sell swap groups for your local area in particular on Facebook, post in there if you can as a lot of your local community will see it
    thanks a million for reply. it means alot. I didnt think my post was uploaded. Yes Simba has returned home again. Im delighted. I put some food in his bowl that night and work early to find it eaten. To make sure it was him i started to call him softly and he came running. I was delighted. I bet so was Simba. Now before i leave the house i let him in from outside feed him. Leave munchies and when i return home like tonight i feed him and out the door he wants to go. like doing night shift lol. He is a blessing. I am an agency worker so travel everywhere where there is work. i did not think to go to social media sites so thanks for this. It might happen again ( hope not) but i have more knowledge in ways to find him. cheers🖒
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I hope he comes back safe. Ask neighbours if they've seen him. Also it's the law in the UK to have your cats chipped so please take him to the vet and get it done when he returns.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

thank you for all your replies. much appreciated. Simba returned and is now safe and sound. thank god. I never thought of social media nor did i now its thd law now to have him chipped. I will do this. He is a beautiful cat and Is loved so much. for taking the time and intrest to read and reply cheers🖒
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thank you for all your replies. much appreciated. Simba returned and is now safe and sound. thank god. I never thought of social media nor did i now its thd law now to have him chipped. I will do this. He is a beautiful cat and Is loved so much. for taking the time and intrest to read and reply cheers🖒
    Glad he's home safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi I am glad he's home okay. Just an fyi, its not illegal to have an unchipped cat, only unchipped dogs - though I believe there are discussions into it becoming illegal in the future. However I would strongly suggest you have your cat neutered and chipped, particularly if they go outside. Sorry to be grim but I work in veterinary and we get dozens of cats brought in either injured or deceased and are unable to contact owners as not chipped and cats can travel miles so owners do not necessarily live in the area.

Oh, and another tip if he goes missing; if you have a garden try pouring the contents of your hoover in your garden as it is very strong smelling and can lure cats back and try placing their bedding on your washing line

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.