The Student Room Group

HIV RISK? Transmission

Hi I am a 17 year old female and need help! This situation has put me in depression, anxiety everything I don’t even wanna get out of bed . About 2 months ago I had a small encounter , u might call me crazy because everybody says I’m over reacting but I’m super scared and serious . So me and this guy were kissing and I didn’t plan on having a sex because I was coming off my period and still had a tampon in but I wasn’t going to regardless but here’s what happened : it lead to genital rubbing which I know poses no risk for hiv but after about 10 minutes he decided he was gonna try and go in. I was more so dry cuz I wasn’t turned on really so I jus felt pressure of him trying to get it in and I said stop , I’m not sure if the head was possibly in a little or not but he was trying to get it in for about 7 seconds before I realized everything , after 7 seconds and I stopped him . A few seconds later I felt a burning sensation. I went to go pee and the burning wasn’t really inside my vagina it was the vagina opening where he was pressing at cuz wen I peed and the pee touched the skin it burned like crap!!! A week later I was diagnosed with Trichomoniasis.. ok I got the meds and moved on . About a month later I heard he gave HIV to his ex girlfriend!! And I went into complete panic! Because it is very much true but I want to know my risks from this small encounter please somebody help I’m going crazy !! Like I said I would assume the had had to be in jus for a seconds cuz I got trichomoniasis and I didn’t need feel Precum prior to , if the head got in a little bit it was for about 7 seconds please help! I know hiv isn’t easy to spread but for some reason think if I got trich I got HIV to.!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I am a 17 year old female and need help! This situation has put me in depression, anxiety everything I don’t even wanna get out of bed . About 2 months ago I had a small encounter , u might call me crazy because everybody says I’m over reacting but I’m super scared and serious . So me and this guy were kissing and I didn’t plan on having a sex because I was coming off my period and still had a tampon in but I wasn’t going to regardless but here’s what happened : it lead to genital rubbing which I know poses no risk for hiv but after about 10 minutes he decided he was gonna try and go in. I was more so dry cuz I wasn’t turned on really so I jus felt pressure of him trying to get it in and I said stop , I’m not sure if the head was possibly in a little or not but he was trying to get it in for about 7 seconds before I realized everything , after 7 seconds and I stopped him . A few seconds later I felt a burning sensation. I went to go pee and the burning wasn’t really inside my vagina it was the vagina opening where he was pressing at cuz wen I peed and the pee touched the skin it burned like crap!!! A week later I was diagnosed with Trichomoniasis.. ok I got the meds and moved on . About a month later I heard he gave HIV to his ex girlfriend!! And I went into complete panic! Because it is very much true but I want to know my risks from this small encounter please somebody help I’m going crazy !! Like I said I would assume the had had to be in jus for a seconds cuz I got trichomoniasis and I didn’t need feel Precum prior to , if the head got in a little bit it was for about 7 seconds please help! I know hiv isn’t easy to spread but for some reason think if I got trich I got HIV to.!

You could just have a test to see if you have it or not. Better than stressing about it.
You will need to wait for 3 months afer the sex before a HIV test. But go now to a GUM clinic and speak to them.
Have you been to your doctor or a clinic?
Very small chance. One time encounter and the exposure was a matter of seconds.

Just go and get tested to put your mind at ease.
Go and get tested. It is highly unlikely it has been passed onto you, but the only way to know for sure is to be tested. I know it’s scary, but it is better than worrying alone for weeks

Quick Reply

Latest