The Student Room Group

Second degree funding

I currently have a BA Hons degree and would like to study a BSc in counselling
Original post by Simon1996
I currently have a BA Hons degree and would like to study a BSc in counselling

Hi Simon,

What subject do you hold your BA Hons degree in?. And what University do you wish to study at for your counselling course and is it full time or part time ?

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi Simon,

What subject do you hold your BA Hons degree in?. And what University do you wish to study at for your counselling course and is it full time or part time ?

Thanks

Louise

BSc in counselling & psychotherapy part-time.
The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute
Nottingham
nG1 6FW

Their website says the following:

n 2017/18 the UK Government introduced a new scheme enabling graduates (both undergraduate and postgraduate) to apply for a Part-time Tuition Fee loan to undertake a second degree (the second degree must be part-time and in a qualifying STEM subject). This opportunity has enabled SPTI applicants to be eligible to apply for an undergraduate student loan towards their tuition fees despite their previous educational history.

I currently have a BA Hons in business studies
BSc in counselling & psychotherapy part-time.
The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute
Nottingham
nG1 6FW

Their website says the following:

n 2017/18 the UK Government introduced a new scheme enabling graduates (both undergraduate and postgraduate) to apply for a Part-time Tuition Fee loan to undertake a second degree (the second degree must be part-time and in a qualifying STEM subject). This opportunity has enabled SPTI applicants to be eligible to apply for an undergraduate student loan towards their tuition fees despite their previous educational history.

I currently have a BA Hons in business studies

Hi Simon,

The course details that you have provided are listed as a Part Time STEM course for 17/18. The higher Education provider (HEP) is a private institution and the Counselling and Psychotherapy course is listed as one that Student Finance funded for 2017/18 academic year.
Whether this course will still be eligible for funding by Student Finance in 2018/19 we are currently unable to confirm .
Applications for Part Time funding in 2018/19 are not yet available until around June.
If the course is still eligible for funding is 18/19 you will be eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan of up to £4625.00 and any students commencing a new part time course that begins on or after 1 August 2018 may be eligible for a Part Time Maintenance Loan.
If the student has an ELQ they will not be eligible for funding unless their new course is a part time exception subject (STEM) course.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 4
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi Simon,

The course details that you have provided are listed as a Part Time STEM course for 17/18. The higher Education provider (HEP) is a private institution and the Counselling and Psychotherapy course is listed as one that Student Finance funded for 2017/18 academic year.
Whether this course will still be eligible for funding by Student Finance in 2018/19 we are currently unable to confirm .
Applications for Part Time funding in 2018/19 are not yet available until around June.
If the course is still eligible for funding is 18/19 you will be eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan of up to £4625.00 and any students commencing a new part time course that begins on or after 1 August 2018 may be eligible for a Part Time Maintenance Loan.
If the student has an ELQ they will not be eligible for funding unless their new course is a part time exception subject (STEM) course.

Thanks

Louise

Thanks Louise, when will you be able to confirm the course 18/19 will be part of the STEM?
Me too! Simon 1996. I have a BA Hons Degree and similarly would like to study counselling
Thanks Louise, when will you be able to confirm the course 18/19 will be part of the STEM?

Hi Simon,

The STEM courses will normally come out when the applications open for 2018/19 in June. Keep checking our website and once you see there open you can contact us again and we can check this for you.
Thanks Claire
Hi LouiseThanks for responding. My first degree is a BA Homs in Applied Social Studies and I also got the CQSW social work qualification.I hope to study at the Sherwood Institute in Nottingham the course is accredited by Stafford Uni
Reply 8
My name is Bridget and want to know if I will be eligible for a second degree student finance. I already have a 1st degree in Psychosocial studies. Thank you
Hi Tracies,

Can you confirm what your second degree would be in? Would the course full time or part time?
Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Tracies
My name is Bridget and want to know if I will be eligible for a second degree student finance. I already have a 1st degree in Psychosocial studies. Thank you
Hi, I have previously completed a BSc Psychology but would like to complete a BSc Mental Health Nursing at UWE to become a mental health nurse - this would be a secondment from my job with the NHS and they would pay me a reduced salary but I would need to pay my own tuition fees. I would be joining the degree on the second year so will only have the year 2
Hi Emma,

You can potentially apply to us for funding. Do you know when your course begins?

Warm regards,
Graeme
Original post by Emma K Davies
Hi, I have previously completed a BSc Psychology but would like to complete a BSc Mental Health Nursing at UWE to become a mental health nurse - this would be a secondment from my job with the NHS and they would pay me a reduced salary but I would need to pay my own tuition fees. I would be joining the degree on the second year so will only have the year 2
Any chance of help for me?!! Mature student, about to start studying Optometry at Anglia Ruskin. My first degree was a long time ago, a BSc from the USA (I'm British.) Are there any routes to help with tuition fees for me?

Quick Reply

Latest