Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can I apply for tuition fees to be paid for on a part time BSc in counselling & phycotherapy when I already have a BA degree - it’s my understanding that this course is classes under STEM?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Simon1996)
    Can I apply for tuition fees to be paid for on a part time BSc in counselling & phycotherapy when I already have a BA degree - it’s my understanding that this course is classes under STEM?
    Hi Simon,

What is the full title of the course and what university are you wishing to study at?

We would need to check the details to confirm if it is classed as a STEM subject.

Thanks

Louise

ReputationRep:
    The course is: BSc (Hons) in Counselling
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Simon1996)
    The course is: BSc (Hons) in Counselling
    Hi Simon,

From 2017/18, students are eligible to apply for second part time degree in one of the STEM subjects, these are commonly known as Part Time Exception Courses .

There are several courses which will fall into one of the categories.

To determine if your course would qualify as an exception it must begin with one or more of the following JACS Codes (H, I, J, B, C, D, F or G).

The JACS code is the unique identifier that SLC, UCAS and the Higher Education Povider's use to distinguish courses.

To check can you advise the course code and at what university will you be studying?

Thanks Rona

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.