Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is the nightlife good in Southampton? is it quite lively or is it more quiet compared to other uni’s?

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you're looking for. I did undergrad in London and am now a postgrad in Southampton. Southampton feels very provincial in contrast, and the people look like misshapen potatoes. I'm sure there are multiple options for very cheap drinks but it's not exactly a quality night out destination. However if you're not particularly discerning then you can get smashed and pull a potato.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deimos88)
    Depends what you're looking for. I did undergrad in London and am now a postgrad in Southampton. Southampton feels very provincial in contrast, and the people look like misshapen potatoes. I'm sure there are multiple options for very cheap drinks but it's not exactly a quality night out destination. However if you're not particularly discerning then you can get smashed and pull a potato.
    I have got an offer from king’s college London as well so I can’t decide between London and Southampton. How was london compared to Southampton?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amss_)
    I have got an offer from king’s college London as well so I can’t decide between London and Southampton. How was london compared to Southampton?
    London is a lot more diverse, with pretty much any nightlife you can imagine. However it's definitely not cheap, so you need to be prepared (or rich!)

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of places to go on a night out and they’re cheaper than London but London will of course have more and better places to go, we have an oceana, switch, a big set of smaller clubs in a place called Bedford Place and the infamous Jesters next to Sobar. A lot of pubs around, including the Hobbit. It’s great for the size of the city but it doesn’t compare to the London clubs

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2018

University open days

1. University of Southampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Southampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 9 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.