Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!! First time poster here

Has anybody lived in a Hox Park accomodation? One has just opened in Egham, near my (potential) university (Royal Holloway) and I’m wondering whether I want to apply there or not. I have some questions though!

1) is it nice? did/do you enjoy living there?
    2) is it mostly undergraduates, and, if so, is it 2nd and 3rd year students or a mix of 1st years too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Yungsera,
    I have not lived in Hox park, but i have applied for it this year. comapring all the accomodations in egham nearer to RHUL, only hoxpark, the pad and podium is good. whereas pad and podium is quite expensive. the ensuite room starts around 198pounds. but in hoxpark, its 150pounds upto 180 for shared and 200 to 285 for studios. they provide free shuttle to university and free gym membership included in the rent. from my observance i hope its best compared to all other including the on-campus accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aswath Sha)
    Hi Yungsera,
    I have not lived in Hox park, but i have applied for it this year. comapring all the accomodations in egham nearer to RHUL, only hoxpark, the pad and podium is good. whereas pad and podium is quite expensive. the ensuite room starts around 198pounds. but in hoxpark, its 150pounds upto 180 for shared and 200 to 285 for studios. they provide free shuttle to university and free gym membership included in the rent. from my observance i hope its best compared to all other including the on-campus accomodation.
    Hi!

May I ask, what year of study are you in? I ended up not applying for Hox Park as I was worried it would be catered to mostly 2nd/3rd year undergrads and postgrads. It does seem like a great option though, much cheaper than the alternatives and it looks lovely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yungsera)
    Hi!

May I ask, what year of study are you in? I ended up not applying for Hox Park as I was worried it would be catered to mostly 2nd/3rd year undergrads and postgrads. It does seem like a great option though, much cheaper than the alternatives and it looks lovely.
    im currently not studying. like you im also going to attend RHUL for postgrad. hox park is self-catered and yeah its lovely, spacious and luxurious. I think its still open.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.