The Student Room Group

What IB subjects to take???

Hi all!! I would like to ask you what IB subjects should someone take in order to study Business or Economics in UK? Which of them should be in HL and which on SL? Thank you so much in advance
Reply 1
You can look at the website of the unis that interest you to check the requirements for those courses
Reply 2
Original post by Pierrik
You can look at the website of the unis that interest you to check the requirements for those courses

OK thanks a lot!
Reply 3
HL Business Studies and Economics for sure :tongue:
The rest of the ones like Pierrik said should revolve around prospective universities, however I strongly advise that you go with whatever makes you look good for the course and maximises your IB score.
For example, I presume that if you are able to do Math SL over Maths Studies that would be best. Although the university might not state this, if you plan to study at somewhere such as LBS which have fairly high standards they would like to see that you didn't go for the easy option.
In language A, Language B and Science, I would definitely choose the ones that you find easiest. A lot of people in my Biology class find it super easy for example, meaning that you can maximise your point score.

TL;DR:
HL: Economics, Business, English Literature. SL: Maths SL, An AB Initio Language, Biology
(You could obviously switch out English HL for any of the SLs :wink:)
For a lot of Economics courses... Maths HL is a requirement so I would check individual university websites

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply