Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What IB subjects to take??? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi all!! I would like to ask you what IB subjects should someone take in order to study Business or Economics in UK? Which of them should be in HL and which on SL? Thank you so much in advance

    You can look at the website of the unis that interest you to check the requirements for those courses
    • Thread Starter

    (Original post by Pierrik)
    You can look at the website of the unis that interest you to check the requirements for those courses
    OK thanks a lot!

    HL Business Studies and Economics for sure
    The rest of the ones like Pierrik said should revolve around prospective universities, however I strongly advise that you go with whatever makes you look good for the course and maximises your IB score.
    For example, I presume that if you are able to do Math SL over Maths Studies that would be best. Although the university might not state this, if you plan to study at somewhere such as LBS which have fairly high standards they would like to see that you didn't go for the easy option.
    In language A, Language B and Science, I would definitely choose the ones that you find easiest. A lot of people in my Biology class find it super easy for example, meaning that you can maximise your point score.

    HL: Economics, Business, English Literature. SL: Maths SL, An AB Initio Language, Biology
    (You could obviously switch out English HL for any of the SLs )
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    For a lot of Economics courses... Maths HL is a requirement so I would check individual university websites

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.