Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on applying to vet clinics to do the apprenticeship style level 3 diploma in vet nursing. I currently volunteer every Sunday at an animal sanctuary where each week i'm responsible for feeding and cleaning different animals.
    I have previously worked in admin jobs (i'm mentioning this as i think it boosts my application)
    I'm just wondering how long i should wait before i apply, i don't want to blow my chances.

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by imarkerpen)
    I'm planning on applying to vet clinics to do the apprenticeship style level 3 diploma in vet nursing. I currently volunteer every Sunday at an animal sanctuary where each week i'm responsible for feeding and cleaning different animals.
    I have previously worked in admin jobs (i'm mentioning this as i think it boosts my application)
    I'm just wondering how long i should wait before i apply, i don't want to blow my chances.

Thanks
    It's more a variety of experiences that is required than the amount of time. You may want to have a look through this forum. I wouldn't spend too much time talking about the admin role as you can only really talk about transferable skills gained from it.

ReputationRep:
    Employment at a training practice can be hard to find so I would start trying to find a job at one asap. You might need to accept a nursing auxiliary role first as some won't put you through the training until you have worked for them for a while, and bear in mind you might have to sign a pay back agreement so if you leave within a certain period of time after doing your training you have to pay the practice back some of the training costs.

(Original post by imarkerpen)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, a lot of people who start the level 3 diploma have already been employed in their practice beforehand in a different role before progressing to their nurse training e.g. working as a VCA/ receptionist/ saturday girl etc. It is possible to just find a placement and start nursing straight away but this is more of a rarity, especially to get a paid placement! If you really struggle to get onto the diploma though there is always university?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.