Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Commitments in the morning and trying to find an internship watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all - I would imagine most internships would want you to start at 9am.

I have been cast in a Fringe play that starts at 10am, so the earliest I could realistically get in through the last 3 weeks of the internship would be 12am. The first 9 weeks would be unproblematic.

In your experience, would most internships think this was OK if you were upfront with them from the start and offered to make up the time on weekends? If worst comes to the worst I could drop out of the play, but really would prefer not to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IsaacAllen)
    Hi all - I would imagine most internships would want you to start at 9am.

I have been cast in a Fringe play that starts at 10am, so the earliest I could realistically get in through the last 3 weeks of the internship would be 12am. The first 9 weeks would be unproblematic.

In your experience, would most internships think this was OK if you were upfront with them from the start and offered to make up the time on weekends? If worst comes to the worst I could drop out of the play, but really would prefer not to do that.
    You will be expected to work the hours specified, and to make any commitments outside those working hours. Very few will be okay with this.

ReputationRep:
    most plays have a matinee beginning after lunch ?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I guess it really depends on what kind if internship you're looking for? If it's some kind of formal scheme in a big corporation, I think that might be challenging. If you get an internship in a smaller firm or organisation that perhaps has a more relaxed/flexible schedule, it may be possible. I had flexible working hours in my placement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    You will be expected to work the hours specified, and to make any commitments outside those working hours. Very few will be okay with this.
    Yeah, that's the thing - I'm applying for a science journalism/communication thing, which expects 30 hours a week but gives no details other than that.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.