Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University Advice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Please give some advice, whether it be top tips or pointers, on having a successful University life. It can be guidance on what to do to get into prestigious universities, or how to make the most of my time preparing/during/after university, or general recommendations for the future (I'm a student who hasn't graduated yet, and am not in university at the moment).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eric Gyumin Choi)
    Please give some advice, whether it be top tips or pointers, on having a successful University life. It can be guidance on what to do to get into prestigious universities, or how to make the most of my time preparing/during/after university, or general recommendations for the future (I'm a student who hasn't graduated yet, and am not in university at the moment).
    Get involved with societies as much as possible, and get on the committee for one. This will give you real life extra curricular skills that employers love. Just having a good grade from any uni alone won't be enough to get you a job after uni-you need stuff alongside it to maximise your appeal
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eric Gyumin Choi)
    During university:
    - get guidance on assignments from lecturers- ask for the kind of things they are looking for and how to get the best marks. Not only does it allow you that, but you also get a good relationship with lecturers who may well be your referees for jobs and the like
    - get involved in societies and make the most of the time there- if you can get onto a committee
    - make a budget before you go to account for emergency expenses, house deposit in later years, food, leisure time
    - starting university can be overwhelming and it can be stressful with the increase in expectations of work so make sure you can manage your time and know a good way to release stress
    - group work- its a pain, but get it out of the way. make a plan and stick to it- chase up those who aren't co-operating
    -just enjoy yourself really- there will be some modules you hate and others you love especially in earlier years, but if its a pre-requisite for modules in later years use that as motivation
    - get experience throughout university- you have long holidays so use them for internships, part time jobs

If i think of more I'll come back and edit

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.