Turn on thread page Beta

A question for the Flat-Earther’s watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    Elon Musk asked this question after the launch of the Falcon Heavy:
    If there is a Flat Earth society, then why is there not a Flat Mars society?
    The FEs replied “Because Mars has been proven to be round”

Then why would Earth be flat if Mars and all the other planets in the Solar System be round?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Why are you even asking this? Pretty much no one believes in all that. Isn't this trying to create a debate where none exists?

ReputationRep:
    There are no genuine Flat Earthers. People just pretend to be one in order to seem edgy or wacky or as a wind-up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDOZ)
    Hello
    Elon Musk asked this question after the launch of the Falcon Heavy:
    If there is a Flat Earth society, then why is there not a Flat Mars society?
    The FEs replied “Because Mars has been proven to be round”

Then why would Earth be flat if Mars and all the other planets in the Solar System be round?
    The earth is not in a solar system. There is no solar system. There are no planets. A solar system is in the imagination of those who choose to believe in this stuff, nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    Here we go, nutter #1 has arrived
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Drummond)
    The earth is not in a solar system. There is no solar system. There are no planets. A solar system is in the imagination of those who choose to believe in this stuff, nothing more.
    So Earth is the only planet, other planets don’t exist and we don’t orbit the sun? K then mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountBrandenburg)
    So Earth is the only planet, other planets don’t exist and we don’t orbit the sun? K then mate
    How do you know that what you stand on is spinning?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    Explain how the day and night system would work as we know it on a flat earth? Explain how we have different seasons, and explain why physics we have gained from the knowledge the Earth is round works so well when designing stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Explain how the day and night system would work as we know it on a flat earth? Explain how we have different seasons, and explain why physics we have gained from the knowledge the Earth is round works so well when designing stuff?
    Don't feed the troll.

ReputationRep:
    I mean, I hate to point this out but there are hundreds of pendulums if sufficient mass built all over world that are left to swing all day every day, and funnily enough they rotate a full circle pattern over the course of a whole day.

ReputationRep:
    So you're not going to answer my question?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Don't feed the troll.
    I’m honestly interested to see if he brings up new arguments other than the ones flat earthers usually bring up when “debating” the issue

ReputationRep:
    I’m honestly interested to see if he brings up new arguments other than the ones flat earthers usually bring up when “debating” the issue
    You'll gain nothing from this idiot. It just goes round and round.

Rather ironically, actually.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by QE2)
    There are no genuine Flat Earthers. People just pretend to be one in order to seem edgy or wacky or as a wind-up.
    I'm confident that this is not true based on some people on TSR and others who I have met.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Daveboi115)
    I mean, I hate to point this out but there are hundreds of pendulums if sufficient mass built all over world that are left to swing all day every day, and funnily enough they rotate a full circle pattern over the course of a whole day.
    Foucalt pendulums.

https://www.geophysik.uni-muenchen.d...cault-pendulum

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes thank you! Couldn’t quite remember the name!
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Don't feed the troll.
    Would you say that to a religious person who believes in anti-science theories?

I'm pretty sure there are people around the world who actually believe in this stuff (including a few on TSR) and I think it's best to educate them (or laugh at them) instead of simply calling them a troll. You'll probably find that they continue to believe in it even after you present facts, which is frustrating but at that point I just stop arguing.

I don't count this as trolling.

ReputationRep:
    Not to mention the coriolis effect on every weather system.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Daveboi115)
    Ah yes thank you! Couldn’t quite remember the name!
    :hat2:

And that's a live webcam. V cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnek)
    Would you say that to a religious person who believes in anti-science theories?

I'm pretty sure there are people around the world who actually believe in this stuff (including a few on TSR) and I think it's best to educate them (or laugh at them) instead of simply calling them a troll. You'll probably find that they continue to believe in it even after you present facts, which is frustrating but at that point I just stop arguing.

I don't count this as trolling.
    I say it about this particular poster.

They have no interest in debating or learning. They spout their nonsense for hours on end.

They're nothing but a waste of time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.