Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I’m in year 13, I’m predicted an A/A* in sociology. But I haven’t seen a study group or chat posted for the 2018 summer a level exam. So if anyone is interested in helping each other revise or sharing any notes, let’s hope we can all do well!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good to me. How are you revising?

ReputationRep:
    Well I have a mock exam next week on the topics in sociology paper so I’m currently just doing practice questions and breaking down my notes into smaller notes which seems to have worked well so far. My main aim is to learn more sociologists and case studies though because I’ve noticed they really boost the mark. How about you?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone doing the education section?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think everyone has to do that, the only place we may differ is the topics we choose to do in paper two

ReputationRep:
    Essay plans- not really sure if its a good idea or not. Ive recently done my mocks so ill find out then

ReputationRep:
    Making essay plans for previous years question really helps as most of the questions repeat year after year

ReputationRep:
    Good. Do you have any online revision materials?

ReputationRep:
    How do you structure your 30 markers??

ReputationRep:
    Paper 2
    Is that beliefs and family?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Paper two is the two topics you choose so beliefs and families could be your options

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what came up last year....
    You can pretty much eliminate revising those topics as aqa won't repeat imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    Does anyone know what came up last year....
    You can pretty much eliminate revising those topics as aqa won't repeat imo
    Last year for AS they repeated a similar question to the year before so I wouldn't leave anything to chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pareet_b)
    Last year for AS they repeated a similar question to the year before so I wouldn't leave anything to chance
    Do you have last years papers? They are not on the AQA website

ReputationRep:
    hey! can anyone quickly tell me what are going to be in the three papers? thanks! (A2 btw)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qasim Abbassi)
    hey! can anyone quickly tell me what are going to be in the three papers? thanks! (A2 btw)
    How would people know what's going to come up lol?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I do aqa sociology, I’m doing education and families and beliefs. I’m predicted an a* but would love to know how everyone else revises bcos idk how effective my methods acc are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    Do you have last years papers? They are not on the AQA website
    We did paper 1 and 3 for our mock so I can send you them in a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha_)
    Hey I do aqa sociology, I’m doing education and families and beliefs. I’m predicted an a* but would love to know how everyone else revises bcos idk how effective my methods acc are.
    My teacher has put together a compact revision book with everything we need to know, we’re getting it on Monday so I can put up pictures of the contents when I get it if anyone is interested?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SianJo18)
    My teacher has put together a compact revision book with everything we need to know, we’re getting it on Monday so I can put up pictures of the contents when I get it if anyone is interested?
    Oo yes pls!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.