Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mmz)
    How would people know what's going to come up lol?
    i meant the topics lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha_)
    Hey I do aqa sociology, I’m doing education and families and beliefs. I’m predicted an a* but would love to know how everyone else revises bcos idk how effective my methods acc are.
    How do you structure your answers? Im currently working at a B but i can never seem to get into the top bands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pareet_b)
    How do you structure your answers? Im currently working at a B but i can never seem to get into the top bands
    It obvs depends on the questions, so for 30 markers I do an intro, minimum 6 paragraphs of content and evaluate at the end of each paragraph, I generally do another paragraph with synoptic links and then conclusion

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Last years paper consisted of a 4 marker on cultural factors in ethnic differences, 6 marker on gender and subject choice, 10 marker on influence of parental choice on achievement and the 30 marker was on the role of the education system in transmitting ideas and values.
    Methods in Context - Labelling and Field experiments
    The final 10 marker was on practical advantages of documents.
    Seems like an alright paper, what do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaynab1505)
    Hi guys,
    Last years paper consisted of a 4 marker on cultural factors in ethnic differences, 6 marker on gender and subject choice, 10 marker on influence of parental choice on achievement and the 30 marker was on the role of the education system in transmitting ideas and values.
    Methods in Context - Labelling and Field experiments
    The final 10 marker was on practical advantages of documents.
    Seems like an alright paper, what do you guys think?
    Where do you find last year's papers? I can't see it on the aqa website at all...

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/5zB_GhFYp7EThis Youtube video is where I found out about what was in last years paper - it’s really useful as she goes through what we should write for each question

ReputationRep:
    Can i join? Just did a mock on this which inspired me to come and find a thread for it. i think it went ok except for the last 10 markers, but no oneelse knew it so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course! I have a sociology mock on paper 2 tomorrow so I’m currently stressing 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    This thread is awfully quiet....don't many people do sociology lol?

Hoe many topics are there in the sociology paper?

ReputationRep:
    More people will probably come searching for this thread closer to exam time in April 😂 how many topics in what paper? Paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SianJo18)
    More people will probably come searching for this thread closer to exam time in April 😂 how many topics in what paper? Paper 2?
    education papaer
    paper 1

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone !! Glad I found this thread as I'm struggling with sociology this year. Basically last year I had and amazing teacher who was brilliant and I got an A. However this year my teacher ain't so great. She teaches us in note form with no detail and contradicts how my teacher last year taught us to do essays. I barely know anything and when I tell her I don't understand something she tells me I do and doesn't help. If we were to have an essay on functionalism I'd bring in Marxism and feminism to evaluate it but today she said don't bring that in the question only asks for functionalism. However I always use that structure and my teacher last year said she taught us to A2 standard with that structure. I would just like to know how you guys structure the essays? Thank u !!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher has put together a compact revision book with everything we need to know, we’re getting it on Monday so I can put up pictures of the contents when I get it if anyone is interested?
    pleaseeeee

ReputationRep:
    My teacher has put together a compact revision book with everything we need to know, we’re getting it on Monday so I can put up pictures of the contents when I get it if anyone is interested?
    Yes pleasee!

ReputationRep:
    I’m teaching myself sociology in my gap year and your advice would be really helpful! I’ve never had a teacher for it so I’m not sure exactly what is the best way to revise and how much content I should be learning from the textbooks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v.vsau)
    I’m teaching myself sociology in my gap year and your advice would be really helpful! I’ve never had a teacher for it so I’m not sure exactly what is the best way to revise and how much content I should be learning from the textbooks
    I am doing the same thing!
    Where are you up to now with your revision?

ReputationRep:
    I’ve done year 1 revision and I’m currently half way through crime and deviance with the rest of year 2 to do. I’m also resitting other exams but I feel like I’m definitely behind in sociology

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!!1 I am also in year 13 and studying sociology!
    Can anyone give me useful revision tips? and how to get an A or A*??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v.vsau)
    I’ve done year 1 revision and I’m currently half way through crime and deviance with the rest of year 2 to do. I’m also resitting other exams but I feel like I’m definitely behind in sociology
    Sameee
    I haven't even started the religion topic let alone crime....
    Going to the library to do so much revision this week.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,I am also taking the exam in summer. we all do educaution and crime however, paper 2 is whatever your teacher chooses.Im predicted an a* but have been getting a's pretty much throughout the year.Can anyone help me with METHODS IN CONTEXT questions like structure?Thank you!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.