The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Sociology 7192 - 05/13/15 Jun 2018 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellsd4
I believe it's between 3-4 paragraphs for a 30 marker. We were advised to use the PEEC method where you criticise within the paragraphs as you go along to gain the marks there and then so the criticisms are relevant.

mate its 6 paragraphs for a 30 marker and intro and conclusion.
What did everyone write for beliefs in society? I feel I did so bad!
Can u state all the questions for education and research methods pls
predictions for crime??
Reply 584
Original post by seconda1

mate everyone gets taught different things xox
Original post by ellsd4
mate everyone gets taught different things xox

okay but for 30 markers you should do 5-6 paragraphs
20 markers: 3-4

:smile:
Original post by Eveparker
Has anyone else heard that Friday's crime and deviance paper has been leaked? There has been some stuff on twitter about the paper now being on lockdown and we'll be sitting the reserve paper. This could apparently be harder or easier than the paper we were originally mean to sit ahh!

I saw this, no idea what'll happen or if it's even true. It happened to one of the English GCSEs, they had to do a replacement paper and there was a bit of trouble because one of the replacement questions was basically the same as the spec paper but the other wasn't, so it's going to be difficult to mark them.
predictions for crime??

Something on feminism and crime, media and crime and possibly punishment
Reply 588
whoops
Apparently the paper got leaked so we have the reserve copy now
Original post by dannydevil117
Apparently the paper got leaked so we have the reserve copy now

Has anyone seen the paper? Apparently it was leaked yesterday but now removed... did anyone have a peep before they removed everything bc then we can rule out what’s not likely to come up😂
Original post by khalique
Has anyone seen the paper? Apparently it was leaked yesterday but now removed... did anyone have a peep before they removed everything bc then we can rule out what’s not likely to come up😂

If you find anything out about the leaked paper please help a girl out and share. I've been looking for the leaked paper and found nothing but I'm so screwed for this final paper so could do with any help I can get.
Reply 592

Mate, it says in the examiners report “candidates cannot include everything and should be selective with the points they make. It’s better to include a few well developed points than have many points that are incoherent and have little evaluation or analysis” so no.
Original post by G.Y
Mate, it says in the examiners report “candidates cannot include everything and should be selective with the points they make. It’s better to include a few well developed points than have many points that are incoherent and have little evaluation or analysis” so no.

so 3 points for a 30 marker?
i know you can't include everything but i did 6 paragraphs for the 30 marker in education and so do MANY others with each paragraph evaluated and with studies because i had a good plan so idk what your talking about. 5-6 is ideal for a 30 marker.
Original post by roisinh_
What did everyone write for beliefs in society? I feel I did so bad!

1st question- globalisation leads to disembedding of religion as it gets spread around the world and the changes it brings are a threat so fundamentalism emerges
2nd- religion aids cultural transition and it provides comfort for victims of racism
3rd- I did a bit about Davie and believing without belonging, then some new age stuff (mostly the kendal project) then a bit about Weber and rationalisation and linked that back
Original post by rebeccamaria
For the government policy question in Families & Households I spoke about one child policy (China) but also mentioned that its been modified to two child policy? I explained how it tries to limit family diversity and I spoke about marriage allowance leading to nuclear family? I'm not sure if these were good policies as all my peers had completely different ones?

Yay! I put the same two points and felt the same. I haven’t checked with anyone but personally I think using the cross-cultural examples is great because very few people will do that, increasing likliness to get marks.
Original post by bibsss
I thought it asked about family policies and how it effects the family structure. I wrote about Divorce Act - increase in LPF because they're more likely to get the custody of children and increase in lone person households.
Second one I put the right to form a civil partnership for same-sex couples and how they have similar rights as any nuclear family such as adopting children, this is a different family structure to the traditional nuclear family.
IDK if that is right.... Donzelott was about surveillance of w/c families I don't know how it effects their family structure?? Maybe I'm wrong lol but it did ask about policies right?

YASSSSSSS OMG I wrote exactly the same points as you, I also just mentioned the New Right how they are against the civil partnership policies and see same sex households as unnatural blah blah blah and then got radical feminism involved by arguing that Same sex households is a way to free woman from patriarchal control (some bs like that couldn’t really remember much)
Original post by -KitKat
YASSSSSSS OMG I wrote exactly the same points as you, I also just mentioned the New Right how they are against the civil partnership policies and see same sex households as unnatural blah blah blah and then got radical feminism involved by arguing that Same sex households is a way to free woman from patriarchal control (some bs like that couldn’t really remember much)

WHY DOES OUR TEACHER TELL US THAT EVALUATION IN NOT REQUIRED FOR QUESTIONS WITHOUT ITEMS ... oops i'm annoyed lol! I would have mentioned NR or what functionalism say too. Anyway I will next time if I have time.
And I'm glad someone wrote the same thing lol people started writing about China policy idk :/ - that they will have fewer females in the structure or just one child so smaller families?, I'm not sure how long this policy can be explained and related to structure so I'm glad I didn't go there...
Original post by bibsss
WHY DOES OUR TEACHER TELL US THAT EVALUATION IN NOT REQUIRED FOR QUESTIONS WITHOUT ITEMS ... oops i'm annoyed lol! I would have mentioned NR or what functionalism say too. Anyway I will next time if I have time.
And I'm glad someone wrote the same thing lol people started writing about China policy idk :/ - that they will have fewer females in the structure or just one child so smaller families?, I'm not sure how long this policy can be explained and related to structure so I'm glad I didn't go there...

noooo your teacher is RIGHT I just put it in for a bit of flare looool to make my answer stand out dont worry yours is deffo right
did anyone do mass media?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending