ReputationRep:
    Lmao
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fasih123)
    With just 3 months to go......I am giving composite
    What periods of History do you study?

ReputationRep:
    A Levels. European History, WWs, Cold War.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Study thematically, rather than chronologically; your questions are going to be asked on themes (e.g. influences of rebellions on the success of the the bolsheviks etc)
    The way that you write the exam can also be as important as what you put in the essay; if your paper is OCR then the thematic paper (it's paper 3) will be written differently than the other two - and using the correct essay structure can mean the difference between a B or and E/U (Believe me, I know)

ReputationRep:
    I personally would split my topics into different section and focus on them separately, either through flashcards or posters. One of my topics is Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany in which I tend to separate mine into: Early years of Weimar, the Golden Years, Great Depression, Rise of Hitler, Hitler's Volksgemeinschaft, Hitler's racial policy, Total War etc. in my opinion I find it effective. Doing exam questions will help you get the grasp of its structure and what it's trying to ask you too!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 21, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.