Turn on thread page Beta

Help!! LawCABs referee can't write my reference watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I'm panicking because I've just submitted my application form for my GDL on CABs and I've paid the fee, written all the information they need, etc. My application status now says that the form has been submitted and I need a reference. I've given the details of my referee, but he sent me an email this morning saying that when he tries to log on it says 'reference is no longer required'. I still need the reference though I've tried contacting CABs but they haven't responded.

What do I do?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ericthesheep)
    Hey guys!

I'm panicking because I've just submitted my application form for my GDL on CABs and I've paid the fee, written all the information they need, etc. My application status now says that the form has been submitted and I need a reference. I've given the details of my referee, but he sent me an email this morning saying that when he tries to log on it says 'reference is no longer required'. I still need the reference though I've tried contacting CABs but they haven't responded.

What do I do?
    How have you tried contacting them and when was this? Maybe ring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    How have you tried contacting them and when was this? Maybe ring?
    Hey!

I've tried emailing them last week but they haven't replied

They don't seem to have a contact number either haha this is such a mess...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Hey!

I've tried emailing them last week but they haven't replied

They don't seem to have a contact number either haha this is such a mess...
    You're just going to have to wait for a response then. Maybe get your referee to email as well. There are notes for referees here. They say 3-5 working days so if you emailed last week has it been that long?

ReputationRep:
    You're just going to have to wait for a response then. Maybe get your referee to email as well. There are notes for referees here. They say 3-5 working days so if you emailed last week has it been that long?
    Yeah its been that long but no response. I've had a look at the notes n the website, and my referee also said he's not had a response either.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah its been that long but no response. I've had a look at the notes n the website, and my referee also said he's not had a response either.
    You can send a reminder but other than that there's not much else you can do but wait.

ReputationRep:
    You can send a reminder but other than that there's not much else you can do but wait.
    I've called the law school I've applied to to make them aware of this, and they've responded telling me that I don't even appear on the system.

I just wish Law CABS would actually provide a telephone number if this is how unreliable their online system is... :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.