Help!! LawCABs referee can't write my reference

Watch
ericthesheep
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys!

I'm panicking because I've just submitted my application form for my GDL on CABs and I've paid the fee, written all the information they need, etc. My application status now says that the form has been submitted and I need a reference. I've given the details of my referee, but he sent me an email this morning saying that when he tries to log on it says 'reference is no longer required'. I still need the reference though I've tried contacting CABs but they haven't responded.

What do I do?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ericthesheep)
Hey guys!

I'm panicking because I've just submitted my application form for my GDL on CABs and I've paid the fee, written all the information they need, etc. My application status now says that the form has been submitted and I need a reference. I've given the details of my referee, but he sent me an email this morning saying that when he tries to log on it says 'reference is no longer required'. I still need the reference though I've tried contacting CABs but they haven't responded.

What do I do?
How have you tried contacting them and when was this? Maybe ring?
ericthesheep
Rep:
?
(Original post by alleycat393)
How have you tried contacting them and when was this? Maybe ring?
Hey!

I've tried emailing them last week but they haven't replied

They don't seem to have a contact number either haha this is such a mess...
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey!

I've tried emailing them last week but they haven't replied

They don't seem to have a contact number either haha this is such a mess...
You're just going to have to wait for a response then. Maybe get your referee to email as well. There are notes for referees here. They say 3-5 working days so if you emailed last week has it been that long?
ericthesheep
Rep:
?
You're just going to have to wait for a response then. Maybe get your referee to email as well. There are notes for referees here. They say 3-5 working days so if you emailed last week has it been that long?
Yeah its been that long but no response. I've had a look at the notes n the website, and my referee also said he's not had a response either.
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah its been that long but no response. I've had a look at the notes n the website, and my referee also said he's not had a response either.
You can send a reminder but other than that there's not much else you can do but wait.
ericthesheep
Rep:
?
You can send a reminder but other than that there's not much else you can do but wait.
I've called the law school I've applied to to make them aware of this, and they've responded telling me that I don't even appear on the system.

I just wish Law CABS would actually provide a telephone number if this is how unreliable their online system is... :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.84%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (123)
28.87%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.56%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (54)
12.68%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed