The Student Room Group

TSR Book Club: Eat Pray Love

Afternoon all, and welcome to the fifth session of the TSR Book Club!

This time around, we're reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. There's also a poll in this thread to decide the book for us to read next time so please vote in that, or suggest a different book if you'd like! For this session you have two weeks to read the book and reply with your thoughts.

If you're including spoilers in your review, then please put them in - you guessed it - a spoiler. Please try and get your replies in before the 05/03/18 so we have time to chat about the current book before the next session starts.

You can feedback on each book however you'd like, but here are some starter questions if you're stuck:

- What did you think of the book overall?
- What did you like about it?
- What did you dislike about it?
- Did it remind you of another author or series?
- Would you recommend it to a friend?

The one thing I'm asking everyone to do is to rate the book out of 5, with half points if needed. Please do include a rating, so each book can be given an average rating, and we can get a Book Club Leaderboard going.

If you have any questions, book suggestions, or just fancy chatting about this, then feel free to tag me in and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. We'll also be running the occasional themed week, so if you have an idea for that then post in any of the Book Club threads, or drop me a PM if you'd prefer! :biggrin:

Quote List

Exciting update!

Next session will be themed, so please post your suggestion for a theme, and some books to go with it :woo:

Quote List

Theme = great idea.:yep: Not that I can think of any.:redface:
Original post by 04MR17
Theme = great idea.:yep: Not that I can think of any.:redface:

Ooo, I like the potential in that one! :colone:
Hey folks!

Did anyone manage to read this one, and do you have a review if so? :biggrin:

Quote List

Original post by shadowdweller
Hey folks!

Quote List

Haven't got round to it yet :redface:
Can I contribute a review even if I'm not part of the club? I've read this book a few years back (and I do hope to join the Book Club once I have more time and energy on my hands :redface:)
Original post by MrsMars
Can I contribute a review even if I'm not part of the club? I've read this book a few years back (and I do hope to join the Book Club once I have more time and energy on my hands :redface:)

Of course! Feel free to contribute to any of them :smile:

You're more than welcome to be added to the quote list too if you'd like; there's no expectations on people to read/comment on every book, it's more just to keep people in the loop :yep:
Reply 8
Hey folks!

Quote List

I don't think I will read this one. I haven't read the last few either.. :sigh: it's been a little hectic
Reply 9
Sorry, I skipped this one! :redface: I have like... five deadlines in a span of three days. I have to focus on reading for my assignments instead :sad:
Of course! Feel free to contribute to any of them :smile:

You're more than welcome to be added to the quote list too if you'd like; there's no expectations on people to read/comment on every book, it's more just to keep people in the loop :yep:

Thank you :hugs:
I'd love to be added to the tag list :yep:

I'll try and get this review done in the next few days :h:
(edited 6 years ago)
I added it to my list, but not gotten around to it yet. Not sure if I will honestly. I looked it up but I don't think it's something I'll enjoy.
Afternoon all, and welcome to the fifth session of the TSR Book Club!

This time around, we're reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. There's also a poll in this thread to decide the book for us to read next time so please vote in that, or suggest a different book if you'd like! For this session you have two weeks to read the book and reply with your thoughts.

If you're including spoilers in your review, then please put them in - you guessed it - a spoiler. Please try and get your replies in before the 05/03/18 so we have time to chat about the current book before the next session starts.

You can feedback on each book however you'd like, but here are some starter questions if you're stuck:

- What did you think of the book overall?
- What did you like about it?
- What did you dislike about it?
- Did it remind you of another author or series?
- Would you recommend it to a friend?

The one thing I'm asking everyone to do is to rate the book out of 5, with half points if needed. Please do include a rating, so each book can be given an average rating, and we can get a Book Club Leaderboard going.

If you have any questions, book suggestions, or just fancy chatting about this, then feel free to tag me in and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. We'll also be running the occasional themed week, so if you have an idea for that then post in any of the Book Club threads, or drop me a PM if you'd prefer! :biggrin:

Quote List

I just looked it up and her journey travelling the world sounds interesting, is it good? I might have to put it on my list. :tongue:
Original post by Black Rose
I just looked it up and her journey travelling the world sounds interesting, is it good? I might have to put it on my list. :tongue:

Embarrassingly I haven't managed to read it yet - I will get back to you on this soon :tongue:
The theme I would like to have is young adult books like books by Sara Barnard Beautiful broken thing was my absolute favourite by that author.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Hard learner
The theme I would like to have is young adult books like books by Sara Barnard Beautiful broken thing was my absolute favourite by that author.

Embarrassingly I haven't managed to read it yet - I will get back to you on this soon :tongue:

Please do this book next!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending