Turn on thread page Beta

I'm in my 3rd year at university and have a grand total of 3 friends, none on my course. Of course, they all have other friends so I don't see them that much also, they aren't friends with each other cause their personalities are so different because of that, we don't hang out all together. I'm alone most of the time at uni.

I don't have siblings or cousins to hang out with either, I'm very much on my own. I don't know if I've just been unlucky making friends (I've gone to societies - where I met the friends I have now, I've spoken to different people on my course. I feel like I have made an effort for someone as shy as I am), or if because I am a quiet person I've sabotaged myself in building relationships with others.

Anyone else feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in my 3rd year at university and have a grand total of 3 friends, none on my course. Of course, they all have other friends so I don't see them that much also, they aren't friends with each other cause their personalities are so different because of that, we don't hang out all together. I'm alone most of the time at uni.

I don't have siblings or cousins to hang out with either, I'm very much on my own. I don't know if I've just been unlucky making friends (I've gone to societies - where I met the friends I have now, I've spoken to different people on my course. I feel like I have made an effort for someone as shy as I am), or if because I am a quiet person I've sabotaged myself in building relationships with others.

Anyone else feel like this?
    I didn't make friends on my course. There were a few who I would talk to, but we never really hung out afterwards. The friends I made were one I met at societies, and then also friends of friends. You mention you have some friends already - do you ever hang out with their other friends? Seeing as it is your last year, I would try to make the most of it and go to lots of societies and try volunteering, which is another good way to meet people. During my second and third years, I did some volunteering with other students as well as locals. There are sometimes positions advertised at your union, or you could go to your local volunteering centre

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys have any tips for sixth form? I'm in my first year but I went to a different sixth form to my close friends for various reasons, but I miss them a lot and they don't make the time to see me anymore. I'm getting stressed too, I was wondering how quickly you made friends in the 1st year at uni because this is something I'm really worried about after my experience going to sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    Relax the more you stress over it, the worse you will feel.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.