Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please beware of Smart wheels car insurance, my son has used them this year , after paying£780 up front and £137 per month he has just ran out of miles and they are asking him to pay £75 for just 250 extra miles or £300 for a 1000 miles absolute scandal , PLEASE BEWARE

ReputationRep:
    This topic should be pinned.

I'm not even joking, then people can stop asking whether boxes are a good idea, insisting that their safe driving will compliment the cheaper insurance. Case in point, safe driving doesn't always mean a black box is a good idea. Sorry to hear that by the way, but if you've checked the dozens of black box discussions on the internet or asked here before doing so I would almost guarantee we'd have fully discouraged you from having him take out that policy.

ReputationRep:
    Then you shouldn't have bought a policy with that few miles.

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of loopholes but there's **** all to do in this situation, should just calculate your mileage accurately and add an extra thousand for safe measure if you're getting a black box.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Peter t Jones)
    Please beware of Smart wheels car insurance, my son has used them this year , after paying£780 up front and £137 per month he has just ran out of miles and they are asking him to pay £75 for just 250 extra miles or £300 for a 1000 miles absolute scandal , PLEASE BEWARE
    Well that's his own fault. What did you/he expect them to do? Give you free miles? Hah.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.