Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Please beware of Smart wheels car insurance, my son has used them this year , after paying£780 up front and £137 per month he has just ran out of miles and they are asking him to pay £75 for just 250 extra miles or £300 for a 1000 miles absolute scandal , PLEASE BEWARE

ReputationRep:
    This topic should be pinned.

I'm not even joking, then people can stop asking whether boxes are a good idea, insisting that their safe driving will compliment the cheaper insurance. Case in point, safe driving doesn't always mean a black box is a good idea. Sorry to hear that by the way, but if you've checked the dozens of black box discussions on the internet or asked here before doing so I would almost guarantee we'd have fully discouraged you from having him take out that policy.

ReputationRep:
    Then you shouldn't have bought a policy with that few miles.

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of loopholes but there's **** all to do in this situation, should just calculate your mileage accurately and add an extra thousand for safe measure if you're getting a black box.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Peter t Jones)
    Please beware of Smart wheels car insurance, my son has used them this year , after paying£780 up front and £137 per month he has just ran out of miles and they are asking him to pay £75 for just 250 extra miles or £300 for a 1000 miles absolute scandal , PLEASE BEWARE
    Well that's his own fault. What did you/he expect them to do? Give you free miles? Hah.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.