Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve applied for natural sciences because I like science and can’t really think of anything I want to do instead.

I had loads of options but I’m not sure on any, mainly medicine, natural sciences and accounting.

What are the career prospects with natural sciences like. I’ve heard it’s hard, so is it worthwhile?

I know a lot of people use skills from natural sciences to get jobs in business and finance, but is this hard to get into as you are competing with people with degrees in economics/ business/ accounting etc.? I’m not really sure I want to go into science at the end of my degree, but it leaves my options open more than doing an accounting degree. At least with natsci, I could go into teaching etc. but accounting is leading me to become an accountant at the end for sure.

WILL IT BE HARD FOR ME TO GET A WELL PAID JOB?

I am so bad at making decisions and so I’m not sure whether to just go with it. Wish I was good at making decisions and stopped overthinking every decision.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Moved to Physics, Chemistry and NatSci university courses.

ReputationRep:

I dont know really. I think it depends on the uni. At cambridge its more academic. So although you go in doing natsci you come out wit the equivalent of a degree in the subject for example.

You're not gonna struggle with any science based degree because it shows a lot of good skills.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.