Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I am studying history what do I need to know to get good grades?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Hollyheaslip12)
    If I am studying history what do I need to know to get good grades?
    1. You need to have a good set of notes from which you can make good revision notes. That might be mind maps, timelines, flash cards.

Once you understand the core material, then you need to be able to use it.

2. Practice exams and essay writing.
    Download exam papers and get used to understanding exam questions and being able to create an answer. It is very important you understand what they want and then can construct an essay that provides that.

Do times essays and then use the mark scheme, see where you want and try again.

If you want even better marks then being widely read and having a good use of identifying issues, evidence, analysis and evaluation will help you score higher. Recognising other views also helps.

You dont say at what level. From A level onwards then there are books helping you how to write History essays.

You should also get used to exam structures and the source questions.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 20, 2018

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.