Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University students: What do you tend to eat for lunch? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have the most unhealthiest lunch, surely, and that is a fact. I often have a nutella sandwich, crisps, and a cherry bakewell. It's not very nutrious, and I really need to work on eating better. It is cheap though, and I enjoy it. Sometimes I do eat in college (my university is collegiate) for lunch but that's quite rare. Without fail I do eat in college for dinner, though! It ensures I get a, well, proper meal for once.

I was wondering about what my peers across the country dine on in-between breakfast and dinner. I hope it's slightly better for your waistline than mine.

ReputationRep:
    I always buy a pizza slice from greggs or a pastry

ReputationRep:
    I have a seeded flatbread with green leaves, sweet chilli chicken and mayo, a packet of pea snacks, a greek yoghurt, fresh fruit and some form of cake bar
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    :lol: As if my eating pattern constitutes meals.:rofl:

I've just had half a garlic baguette, I'm about to go eat half a tub of ice cream. That's real student life surely.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    4 pieces of toast with 4 slices of cheese and beans on top, with a 3 eggs omlette (with ham, red pepper and onion)

ReputationRep:
    Pret. Like a champ.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    I have the most unhealthiest lunch, surely, and that is a fact. I often have a nutella sandwich, crisps, and a cherry bakewell. It's not very nutrious, and I really need to work on eating better. It is cheap though, and I enjoy it. Sometimes I do eat in college (my university is collegiate) for lunch but that's quite rare. Without fail I do eat in college for dinner, though! It ensures I get a, well, proper meal for once.

I was wondering about what my peers across the country dine on in-between breakfast and dinner. I hope it's slightly better for your waistline than mine.
    Sometimes I just have breakfast again (toast + egg) or maybe a tuna sandwich
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    meal deal or food stall on campus - either pret, marketplace or somewhere in the guild. sometimes we have food trucks parked outside that serve all sorts of exotic stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't eat lunch at all.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Either a vegan sandwich and a piece of fruit from an on-campus shop or a seeded protein thin bagel with houmous and falafel with a piece of fruit. Being honest though, I don't eat lunch every day. I find my schedule is a bit of a mess and I get so busy I struggle to fit it in! Really making an effort to at the moment though, and that's where I'm at!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    meal deal or food stall on campus - either pret, marketplace or somewhere in the guild. sometimes we have food trucks parked outside that serve all sorts of exotic stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can't beat a Comida wrap either.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Can't beat a Comida wrap either.
    I don't trust anyone who chooses anything other than the spinach tortilla.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sandwhich contain which could have Jam, peanut butter or any other sweet spread. Crisps and a banana. Weekend chip butty, veg bacon or sausages.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.