The Student Room Group

Hi i am a Chinese girl at senior 2!

I think my English is really poor ...So i wanna ask for help
I sincerely hope that i could talk with a native speaker or even become friend...We could also study together...I think i am good at math maybe i could help you if you dont mind...And if u are busy ,i wont trouble you or take u a lot of time... Thank u for ur time
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

My English is worse! :cry:
Reply 2
Original post by I'm Your Teddy Bear
haha...It doesnot matter...dont cry
A405BBF4959B4BE00BBD5ECBE869745F.jpg
Reply 3

Sorry
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by JDieMstr
Me speak English muy malo :frown:

Hmmm...I dont really understand ur meaning sorry...Are u Japanese?
Original post by AnnCheung
Hmmm...I dont really understand ur meaning sorry...Are u Japanese?

I don't either! :cry2:
Reply 6
I don't either! :cry2:

So...U must be a Teddy Bear really cute
Attachment not found
...lol
(edited 6 years ago)
So...U must be a Teddy Bear really cute
Attachment not found
...lol

I used to be!
But I turned into human!

Spoiler

I sincerely hope that i could talk with a native speaker or even become friend...We could also study together...I think i am good at math maybe i could help you if you dont mind...And if u are busy ,i wont trouble you or take u a lot of time... Thank u for ur time

I reccomend getting the app Hellotalk! you can talk to many english speakers and help eachother learn, i use it and it is great!
Reply 9
Original post by Rowan.c
I reccomend getting the app Hellotalk! you can talk to many english speakers and help eachother learn, i use it and it is great!

wow...Thank you so much
Reply 10
I used to be!
But I turned into human!

Spoiler

Cool

If you genuinely want help for your English language skills, don't use Textspeak (such as spelling "you" as "u":wink:. Also, mixing very formal language (such as "sincerely hope that":wink: with very informal language (such as "i wanna" and "Thank u for ur time":wink: is not good.

As for punctuation - "..." implies hesitancy. Generally, a single period "." will suffice. Also, you want to break up a lot of your longer sentances with commas "," or semi-colons ";" between different ideas.

> I think my English is really poor, so I want to ask for help.

> I would like to talk to (or speak with) a native speaker, or even become friends. We could study together. I think I am good at math; maybe I could help you. If you are busy, I wouldn't trouble you or take up a lot of your time. Thank you for your time.

TSR is not a good place to find language study buddies. The best arrangement would probably be if you found an English native speaker who wants to learn Chinese (or whatever dialect of it that you speak). There will be websites that do that kind of thing. I've had a bit of luck with Reddit myself (https://www.reddit.com/r/language_exchange/), although that is of course full of Americans who will probably teach you bad accents and bad spelling.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
If you genuinely want help for your English language skills, don't use Textspeak (such as spelling "you" as "u":wink:. Also, mixing very formal language (such as "sincerely hope that":wink: with very informal language (such as "i wanna" and "Thank u for ur time":wink: is not good.

As for punctuation - "..." implies hesitancy. Generally, a single period "." will suffice. Also, you want to break up a lot of your longer sentances with commas "," or semi-colons ";" between different ideas.

> I think my English is really poor, so I want to ask for help.

> I would like to talk to (or speak with) a native speaker, or even become friends. We could study together. I think I am good at math; maybe I could help you. If you are busy, I wouldn't trouble you or take up a lot of your time. Thank you for your time.

TSR is not a good place to find language study buddies. The best arrangement would probably be if you found an English native speaker who wants to learn Chinese (or whatever dialect of it that you speak). There will be websites that do that kind of thing. I've had a bit of luck with Reddit myself (https://www.reddit.com/r/language_exchange/), although that is of course full of Americans who will probably teach you bad accents and bad spelling.

wow Thank you so much.Because i think people here are really nice,in that website may be dangerous.Thank you again.

My good friend with a PhD Maths just married a Chinese girl and shifted to China. Another buddy married a Chinese girl, brought her to UK and she walked out once got UK passport/ Might be the bad english or who knows.

Hence better to head to a web based service and spend quality time there to touch up on Queens English and drop the 'wanna' teen slang. If you want to come out of University with strong language skills, that will help with employers. If you play instruments seems to be plenty of good speaking people in that group, in general.

All the best
Reply 14
Original post by johnKiwi
My good friend with a PhD Maths just married a Chinese girl and shifted to China. Another buddy married a Chinese girl, brought her to UK and she walked out once got UK passport/ Might be the bad english or who knows.

Hence better to head to a web based service and spend quality time there to touch up on Queens English and drop the 'wanna' teen slang. If you want to come out of University with strong language skills, that will help with employers. If you play instruments seems to be plenty of good speaking people in that group, in general.

All the best

Thank you so muchヽ(●´∀`●)ノI regret sending this post,but i dont know how to delete it...(facepalm)
(edited 6 years ago)
Thank you so muchヽ(●´∀`●)ノI regret sending this post,but i dont know how to delete it...(facepalm)

you cant delete threads on here unless mod approves, if you want to delete a post in the thread then click 'edit' on your post and delete
Reply 16
do you speak Mandarin or Cantonese? I speak Cantonese If that helps at all. (Useless at reading though...)
Reply 17
Original post by pAutumn
do you speak Mandarin or Cantonese? I speak Cantonese If that helps at all. (Useless at reading though...)

I can speak both.Are you come from HK:h:?
Reply 18
I can speak both.Are you come from HK:h:?

I have been to HK! Mum and Dad are from HK but moved to England.
Reply 19
Original post by pAutumn
I have been to HK! Mum and Dad are from HK but moved to England.

so ga...

Quick Reply

Latest