Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi i am a Chinese girl at senior 2! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think my English is really poor ...So i wanna ask for help
    I sincerely hope that i could talk with a native speaker or even become friend...We could also study together...I think i am good at math maybe i could help you if you dont mind...And if u are busy ,i wont trouble you or take u a lot of time... Thank u for ur time

ReputationRep:
    My English is worse! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm Your Teddy Bear)
    haha...It doesnot matter...dont cry
    Name:  A405BBF4959B4BE00BBD5ECBE869745F.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  35.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Sorry
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    Me speak English muy malo
    Hmmm...I dont really understand ur meaning sorry...Are u Japanese?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnCheung)
    Hmmm...I dont really understand ur meaning sorry...Are u Japanese?
    I don't either! :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I don't either! :cry2:
    So...U must be a Teddy Bear really cuteAttachment 726436...lol

ReputationRep:
    So...U must be a Teddy Bear really cuteAttachment 726436...lol
    I used to be!
    But I turned into human!
    Spoiler:
    Show

That's a shame! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I sincerely hope that i could talk with a native speaker or even become friend...We could also study together...I think i am good at math maybe i could help you if you dont mind...And if u are busy ,i wont trouble you or take u a lot of time... Thank u for ur time
    I reccomend getting the app Hellotalk! you can talk to many english speakers and help eachother learn, i use it and it is great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rowan.c)
    I reccomend getting the app Hellotalk! you can talk to many english speakers and help eachother learn, i use it and it is great!
    wow...Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    I used to be!
    But I turned into human!
    Spoiler:
    Show

That's a shame! :cry:

Cool

ReputationRep:
    If you genuinely want help for your English language skills, don't use Textspeak (such as spelling "you" as "u". Also, mixing very formal language (such as "sincerely hope that" with very informal language (such as "i wanna" and "Thank u for ur time" is not good.

As for punctuation - "..." implies hesitancy. Generally, a single period "." will suffice. Also, you want to break up a lot of your longer sentances with commas "," or semi-colons ";" between different ideas.

> I think my English is really poor, so I want to ask for help.

> I would like to talk to (or speak with) a native speaker, or even become friends. We could study together. I think I am good at math; maybe I could help you. If you are busy, I wouldn't trouble you or take up a lot of your time. Thank you for your time.

TSR is not a good place to find language study buddies. The best arrangement would probably be if you found an English native speaker who wants to learn Chinese (or whatever dialect of it that you speak). There will be websites that do that kind of thing. I've had a bit of luck with Reddit myself (https://www.reddit.com/r/language_exchange/), although that is of course full of Americans who will probably teach you bad accents and bad spelling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
    If you genuinely want help for your English language skills, don't use Textspeak (such as spelling "you" as "u". Also, mixing very formal language (such as "sincerely hope that" with very informal language (such as "i wanna" and "Thank u for ur time" is not good.

As for punctuation - "..." implies hesitancy. Generally, a single period "." will suffice. Also, you want to break up a lot of your longer sentances with commas "," or semi-colons ";" between different ideas.

> I think my English is really poor, so I want to ask for help.

> I would like to talk to (or speak with) a native speaker, or even become friends. We could study together. I think I am good at math; maybe I could help you. If you are busy, I wouldn't trouble you or take up a lot of your time. Thank you for your time.

TSR is not a good place to find language study buddies. The best arrangement would probably be if you found an English native speaker who wants to learn Chinese (or whatever dialect of it that you speak). There will be websites that do that kind of thing. I've had a bit of luck with Reddit myself (https://www.reddit.com/r/language_exchange/), although that is of course full of Americans who will probably teach you bad accents and bad spelling.
    wow Thank you so much.Because i think people here are really nice,in that website may be dangerous.Thank you again.

ReputationRep:
    My good friend with a PhD Maths just married a Chinese girl and shifted to China. Another buddy married a Chinese girl, brought her to UK and she walked out once got UK passport/ Might be the bad english or who knows.

Hence better to head to a web based service and spend quality time there to touch up on Queens English and drop the 'wanna' teen slang. If you want to come out of University with strong language skills, that will help with employers. If you play instruments seems to be plenty of good speaking people in that group, in general.

All the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnKiwi)
    My good friend with a PhD Maths just married a Chinese girl and shifted to China. Another buddy married a Chinese girl, brought her to UK and she walked out once got UK passport/ Might be the bad english or who knows.

Hence better to head to a web based service and spend quality time there to touch up on Queens English and drop the 'wanna' teen slang. If you want to come out of University with strong language skills, that will help with employers. If you play instruments seems to be plenty of good speaking people in that group, in general.

All the best
    Thank you so muchヽ(●´∀`●)ノI regret sending this post,but i dont know how to delete it...(facepalm)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so muchヽ(●´∀`●)ノI regret sending this post,but i dont know how to delete it...(facepalm)
    you cant delete threads on here unless mod approves, if you want to delete a post in the thread then click 'edit' on your post and delete

ReputationRep:
    do you speak Mandarin or Cantonese? I speak Cantonese If that helps at all. (Useless at reading though...)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pAutumn)
    do you speak Mandarin or Cantonese? I speak Cantonese If that helps at all. (Useless at reading though...)
    I can speak both.Are you come from HK?

ReputationRep:
    I can speak both.Are you come from HK?
    I have been to HK! Mum and Dad are from HK but moved to England.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pAutumn)
    I have been to HK! Mum and Dad are from HK but moved to England.
    so ga...

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.