Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Further outline information has been published by Hertfordshire County council ( HCC) on their www.intalink.org.uk site - service changes section- last issue 09th March, of forthcoming bus service changes including those students use.

I will just briefly give a rundown on services (UNO only) of most interest to students:

341/641- timetable changes to improve- hopefully- reliability.

601- Monday to Friday service times revised with the 07.46 Welwyn Garden City - Hatfield and 08.56 St. Albans- Hatfield withdrawn: in place of the 07.46 a 602 will be run at the same time instead from WGC to Hatfield Station. The Sat service will be stand alone commercially run by UNO, and no longer HCC controlled or underwritten.

602- More journey time allowed peak hours Hatfield- Watford- Hatfield. The recently re introduced public service leg of the schedule Hatfield Rail Station- Business Park ( de Hav slightly less than 10mins walk from the Hearle Way stop just off Mosquito Way and opposite the new Maclaurin car showroom) I have said about before at 21.37, 22.37, 00.37 Mon-Sats. and mostly hourly Sunday/public holidays) will stay- at least for now depending on use. Useful for students and the rest of us local Billies who live near the Business Park/ north end of Salisbury Village.

610/11- New Sat service introduced to Luton including I`m told the airport. HCC funding withdrawn, will be run as commercial stand alone. The upside of this is that a bus company has a much freer hand in how they run a service, the downside is being commercially run it can be withdrawn at minimum notice if the bus company deem it not commercially sustainable instead of at the end of the financial year only, as is the norm with HCC underwritten services. Additionally when a council underwritten service is withdrawn, more criteria has to be taken into account, i.e. whether any alternative services can be extended or used, elderly person concessionary bus pass use etc. etc.

Further to the above on Mon- Fri 610 timetable adjustments will be made and extra journeys at 19.45- Luton-Hatfield (UH term time) 05.10 (Mon-Fri) & 18.40 (UH term time) Hatfield UH Forum- Luton. The 17.00 Hatfield- Luton will be withdrawn to be replaced by a new route variation 612 at 16.45 from Hatfield- Luton and 07.40 from Luton. As I see it, this goes same as does the current 610 to Batford ( before it turns left up the hill into Harpenden) then the 612 will go straight along the Lower Luton road via East Hyde and Newmill End.

614/44 - Minor timetable adjustments.

615- Extended to include Hatfield Rail Station both ways- currently it terminates/starts at the Business Park. An additional useful service for daily Mon- Fri commute students.

653- New timetable which will include Hatfield Tesco`s. Sunday /Public holiday service currently starting/terminating at Hatfield Station will also serve Tesco. The is also an additional journey at 21.50 from Hatfield Station- de Hav. I presume this is Sats, as the last one currently M-F is at 21.50 off the Station, 20.50 Sats, 18.15 Suns/Pub.hols.

There are other changes including different bus companies- you can check these out for yourselves- but I have selected those I think are of of most use to students.

Comments welcome.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 20, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.