Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to Winchester University due to not being able to move as I have a family! So this is the nearest uni which offers the courses that I need.

I have applied to three education study courses and the primary with QTS. The primary one is the one I want, but if I am rejected then I will take one of the education courses.

Last Friday they offered me a place for two of the education courses, which is great! And I am now waiting to hear back to see about the others...

Maybe I’m being negative but could these be rejections because they’ve replied to the other two? OR am I just being super impatient!? Wondered if anyone else has been through the same too!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by harrietkatie)
    I have applied to Winchester University due to not being able to move as I have a family! So this is the nearest uni which offers the courses that I need.

I have applied to three education study courses and the primary with QTS. The primary one is the one I want, but if I am rejected then I will take one of the education courses.

Last Friday they offered me a place for two of the education courses, which is great! And I am now waiting to hear back to see about the others...

Maybe I’m being negative but could these be rejections because they’ve replied to the other two? OR am I just being super impatient!? Wondered if anyone else has been through the same too!
    If you had been rejected, it is likely you'd have been told. If they decide they do not want to make you an offer, there is no value in them waiting to communicate that decision.

There are various reasons this might have happened, for example:

1) The person(s) who make final admissions decision for that course are different and have not yet met to make those decisions.
    2) Your application is being held so it can be compared against a gathered field of applications at some point in the future.

I suggest just waiting. However, feel free to contact the university and ask them if anything strange has happened. They won't mind checking the status of your application typically, and it will put your mind at ease.

Congratulations on receiving the offers you have, and good luck for the outstanding course.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.