Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you are going to volunteer for a charity what questions would be useful to ask before the interview like on the phone while asking to join?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holliewalker03)
    If you are going to volunteer for a charity what questions would be useful to ask before the interview like on the phone while asking to join?
    are you asking for your interest or to make a good impression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumjum)
    are you asking for your interest or to make a good impression?
    To make a good impression

ReputationRep:
    To make a good impression
    oh well asking questions really does not make a good impression because if they need and want people they will just get whoever shows interest.

But i suppose asking something specifically related to that group/trust.
    Will depend on what you are volunteering for then i can think of examples

ReputationRep:
    oh well asking questions really does not make a good impression because if they need and want people they will just get whoever shows interest.

But i suppose asking something specifically related to that group/trust.
    Will depend on what you are volunteering for then i can think of examples
    I want to volunteer for scope in Leeds and just wondering when I call what questions to ask to make me look mature enough as I am only 14 and there are very few under 16s working there

ReputationRep:
    I want to volunteer for scope in Leeds and just wondering when I call what questions to ask to make me look mature enough as I am only 14 and there are very few under 16s working there
    Ask if you will volunteer for a range of people or will it be only to one group of people [as they have adults, children, care homes etc]

To be frank asking questions won't make you shine. How you talk and show enthusiasm will. If over the phone the person describes the opportunity, you can pick out something they mention and say what you are looking forward to do etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ask if you will volunteer for a range of people or will it be only to one group of people [as they have adults, children, care homes etc]

To be frank asking questions won't make you shine. How you talk and show enthusiasm will. If over the phone the person describes the opportunity, you can pick out something they mention and say what you are looking forward to do etc.
    Ok thanks

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.