Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am really confused about the layout of the GCSE AQA French higher speaking exam.

For the general conversation, we were given a sheet with all the modules and themes and we were told to answer the questions on them in order to prepare for it. But I don't know whether I'm supposed to answer all the questions on all the modules or just the ones on my chosen theme.

Also, could someone please explain how the role play, photo card and general conversation will be carried out and the timings as I'm struggling to understand it. My french teacher is really confusing!

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Heres the spec:
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/langu...on-at-a-glance
    Also I think that the examiners will ask any of the questions for the general convo, so its good to be prepared and answer all of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaxia_zoom)
    Heres the spec:
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/langu...on-at-a-glance
    Also I think that the examiners will ask any of the questions for the general convo, so its good to be prepared and answer all of them.
    Thank you! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Hi as far as I know, this is how the exam is layed out: for the general conversation you will pick one theme to talk about. The photo card will be on one of the other two themes, and then in the general conversaiton you will have to talk about the third theme that is left over. So lets says you choose Theme 3,the photo card will be on Theme 1 and the other general coversation theme will be Theme 2. So basically in the general conversation, you will have to talk about two themes. It´s a bit confusing because you have to choose the theme, but you will be assessed on all three themes in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys do you know if the photo cards and role-plays on the AQA website will be the ones we will use in the real exam, or are they just examples... because for examples there a quite a few lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heysomeonehelp)
    hi guys do you know if the photo cards and role-plays on the AQA website will be the ones we will use in the real exam, or are they just examples... because for examples there a quite a few lol
    Hello, I think they are just examples, as I read on the AQA website that the ‘real’ GCSE speaking test materials will be issued on 4th April 2018 for Examination Officers.

And yes there is a lot of examples as I think they need to cover each aspect of the themes. This could be so teachers and students have a rough idea of the type of content that may appear.

But hey, I mean that’s more practice for us I guess!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galaxy1008)
    Hi as far as I know, this is how the exam is layed out: for the general conversation you will pick one theme to talk about. The photo card will be on one of the other two themes, and then in the general conversaiton you will have to talk about the third theme that is left over. So lets says you choose Theme 3,the photo card will be on Theme 1 and the other general coversation theme will be Theme 2. So basically in the general conversation, you will have to talk about two themes. It´s a bit confusing because you have to choose the theme, but you will be assessed on all three themes in the exam.
    Ah, it makes much more sense now, thanks!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galaxy1008)
    If we choose theme 1 and only know theme 1 and 3 will there be a chance of theme 2 coming on the general conversation aswell or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdiaziiz247)
    If we choose theme 1 and only know theme 1 and 3 will there be a chance of theme 2 coming on the general conversation aswell or not?
    If you chose Theme 1 for your general conversation the teacher can decide what other theme to give you, it's by chance. However if you do get theme 3 as well as theme 1 in your conversation your photo card will 100% be on theme 2, this is so that the exam covers all themes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 30, 2018

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.