Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a Labour party supporter. ask me anything! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unadjectivable)
    If you are a labour supporter:

How left wing are you? Or are you more 'left-of-centre'?
    Are you another one of those liberals who is my age who thinks their view is correct and all other are wrong? If so, I need not ask more questions.
    And, like Corbyn has talked about:

Wenger in or Wenger out?
    i'm left wing for sure. wenger in? I was a United supporter 😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    do you think it would be better if the Labour Party were led by a member of the working class ?

:beard:
    100%. i like Jeremy corbyn a lot and he has working class traits. i think it aids in able to relate to them more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard.T)
    Thank you, i'm not too sure what it even is
    Np. it's basically people who claim to have a different racial identity that differs from their birth race. For example, a white man that identifies as a black man. it's just stupid lool.

ReputationRep:
    How much faith do you have in dianne abbot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noey123)
    Np. it's basically people who claim to have a different racial identity that differs from their birth race. For example, a white man that identifies as a black man. it's just stupid lool.
    haha, yeah that is silly 😂

ReputationRep:
    wasn't she recently placed into the 'lime light'? nervous? i'm not sure to be honest
    She's in a position where she should be used to that, did you not see her hesitate so much? If I was nervous and placed 'in the lime light' I might get the question a little bit wrong but not hesitate that much and give an answer that dreadful. Isn't she supposed to be good at Maths too? Im not a fan of Labour by any means, but, why don't they sack their clearly weakest member?

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between labour's Brexit policy and the Conservatives Brexit policy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanhead83)
    How much faith do you have in dianne abbot?
    i do have faith in Dianne abbot. would i be sad if she's replaced? no 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdddd)
    She's in a position where she should be used to that, did you not see her hesitate so much? If I was nervous and placed 'in the lime light' I might get the question a little bit wrong but not hesitate that much and give an answer that dreadful. Isn't she supposed to be good at Maths too? Im not a fan of Labour by any means, but, why don't they sack their clearly weakest member?
    i agree with you, i wouldn't be upset if she's replaced. can i ask what party you support?

ReputationRep:
    First past the post or proportion representation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gregor99)
    What is the difference between labour's Brexit policy and the Conservatives Brexit policy
    This is going to be an opinion based argument as no one really knows about a conservative brexit. The conservatives are planning to leave the EU and single market. it has been described as a 'hard'brexit. When May was asked how much she is spending to leave the EU it was estimated it would be multiple millions. Unfortunately for the UK, the conservatives have a bad relationship with the eu such as May has been seen on her own, insults have been made by Johnson and other conservatives. Labour seem to want to stay in the single market? i'm not sure

ReputationRep:
    Do you think there will be an election in the next year and Jeremy will get a large/small majority or a minority or coalition?

ReputationRep:
    i do have faith in Dianne abbot. would i be sad if she's replaced? no 😂
    Yeah I’m labour, think Corbyn’s pretty good as he’s stuck to his guns for 30odd years or so, and hasn’t really been swayed by the media other than that photo shoot a few months back. His policies are really refreshing, but Dianne Abbott is a spanner in the works. She’s got no chance, how she gets voted in I don’t know😁

ReputationRep:
    i agree with you, i wouldn't be upset if she's replaced. can i ask what party you support?
    I don't think I support any to be honest, as in I wouldn't go out of my way to speak highly of them and post propaganda etc on social media, but, I'd vote Conservatives and I do like what UKIP stands for and has the guts to stand for, unfortunately, there seems to be no born leader for the party and no-one can speak in a calmer, reserved and respectful manner. That Henry Bolton who just got sacked from being leader, was absolutely useless. On par with Diane Abbott.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duro_)
    Firstly, I never said inherited money was earned (are you blind).

Secondly, Jeremy Corbyn is pushing for a 50 percent tax on earned moeny for the top earners. (unfair)

Thirdly, Jermemy Corbyn wants a maximum wage (marxism).

Fourthly, even if inherited money is not earned, why should the goverment have a say on your families wealth.

As I said before, do you not think that as a labour supporter, there is some type of envious hatred towards the richer population simply for earning money.
    Not at all, the Marxist theory is about equality and fairness... what's wrong with that?
    The 50 percent taxation is used for services that the public need such as the NHS and poorly funded education system ultimately concluding to a society for the many.

ReputationRep:
    What are you views regarding what John McDonnell said (or repeated) about Esther Mcvey?

Would you hold the same views had a Male conservative MP said the same about a female labour Mp?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdddd)
    I don't think I support any to be honest, as in I wouldn't go out of my way to speak highly of them and post propaganda etc on social media, but, I'd vote Conservatives and I do like what UKIP stands for and has the guts to stand for, unfortunately, there seems to be no born leader for the party and no-one can speak in a calmer, reserved and respectful manner. That Henry Bolton who just got sacked from being leader, was absolutely useless. On par with Diane Abbott.
    UKIP hasn't been great lately, same as the liberal democrats. Personally i think UKIP is too far right for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beanhead83)
    Yeah I’m labour, think Corbyn’s pretty good as he’s stuck to his guns for 30odd years or so, and hasn’t really been swayed by the media other than that photo shoot a few months back. His policies are really refreshing, but Dianne Abbott is a spanner in the works. She’s got no chance, how she gets voted in I don’t know😁
    I totally agree 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    What are you views regarding what John McDonnell said (or repeated) about Esther Mcvey?

Would you hold the same views had a Male conservative MP said the same about a female labour Mp?
    unfortunately, i haven't heard too much about this so i couldn't comment

ReputationRep:
    This is going to be an opinion based argument as no one really knows about a conservative brexit. The conservatives are planning to leave the EU and single market. it has been described as a 'hard'brexit. When May was asked how much she is spending to leave the EU it was estimated it would be multiple millions. Unfortunately for the UK, the conservatives have a bad relationship with the eu such as May has been seen on her own, insults have been made by Johnson and other conservatives. Labour seem to want to stay in the single market? i'm not sure
    Is it not that both parties policies are very very similar with both wanting some kind of customs agreement and access to the single market

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.