Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a Labour party supporter. ask me anything! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard.T)
    UKIP hasn't been great lately, same as the liberal democrats. Personally i think UKIP is too far right for me
    Liberal Democrats are a failed party. It would be nice for some new, fresh parties in Politics. What do you mean too far right? I think the right - especially in young people - are these scary racist Nazis who love nothing but killing people. Thats not what we're about. Its just about common sense. I'd probably agree with a lot of things you want to see changed or policies you think should go further - for me thats Environment policies, as for me they are so important to ensuring better health etc and we could be doing much more than we're doing now.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, the Marxist theory is about equality and fairness... what's wrong with that?
    The 50 percent taxation is used for services that the public need such as the NHS and poorly funded education system ultimately concluding to a society for the many.
    So because some people make more money, they pay a higher percentage of their money and now you want to increase that further.

You are pretty one-sided aren't you. this is what labour suporrters think "if i can't get rich, no one can" and they then say some ******** like we need to fund the nhs.

You are selfish **** and with this mentality you would stay poor.

ReputationRep:
    If you could sack one member of Corbyns front bench (apart from Diane) who would it be?

ReputationRep:
    100%. i like Jeremy corbyn a lot and he has working class traits. i think it aids in able to relate to them more
    he is not working class. any "traits" he has are bogus affectations.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by noey123)
    i would answer that for you. Absoulutly not. it's not the same thing. its just so disrespectful. one women who makes me sick is rachel dolezal.
    It is offensive to claim that you are for equal rights but against transracial people’s right to be themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duro_)
    So because some people make more money, they pay a higher percentage of their money and now you want to increase that further.

You are pretty one-sided aren't you. this is what labour suporrters think "if i can't get rich, no one can" and they then say some ******** like we need to fund the nhs.

You are selfish **** and with this mentality you would stay poor.
    selfish? pay more through taxation, that's selfish
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdddd)
    Liberal Democrats are a failed party. It would be nice for some new, fresh parties in Politics. What do you mean too far right? I think the right - especially in young people - are these scary racist Nazis who love nothing but killing people. Thats not what we're about. Its just about common sense. I'd probably agree with a lot of things you want to see changed or policies you think should go further - for me thats Environment policies, as for me they are so important to ensuring better health etc and we could be doing much more than we're doing now.
    i think environmental policies are important, i think business and social class is important, i think national defense is important. The whole 'control the border' was a little far to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    If you could sack one member of Corbyns front bench (apart from Diane) who would it be?
    who would you? i would move Dennis skinner to front bench

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to sleep now. I'll answer the rest tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    First past the post or proportional representation?

ReputationRep:
    i think environmental policies are important, i think business and social class is important, i think national defense is important. The whole 'control the border' was a little far to be honest
    It might have been pushed a little far but it was still a valid point. Views on Brexit, Remain or Leave?

ReputationRep:
    who would you? i would move Dennis skinner to front bench
    Not the question is asked was it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    Not the question is asked was it?
    The typical answer of lots of politicians. The answer they want to give not the one the question asked for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    It is offensive to claim that you are for equal rights but against transracial people’s right to be themselves.
    Please for the love of God tell me you are just joking? Are being serious? If not please dont waste my time. If you are being serious then this is what I'm gonna say.

Yes I am for equal rights however, it doesn't mean i have to agree with what people say or believe in. People who identify to a different race is just wrong. For example being black is just not being black if that makes sense. Race and culture are skin deep and its not just colour.

Now let me ask you this. Say a white man identifies as a black man and say "Hey I know what you guys go through, I know what it's like to be discriminated against etc". Like, don't you see how wrong that is. Identifying to a different race is wrong because you are trying to be something your not.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Please for the love of God tell me you are just joking? Are being serious? If not please dont waste my time. If you are being serious then this is what I'm gonna say.

Yes I am for equal rights however, it doesn't mean i have to agree with what people say or believe in. People who identify to a different race is just wrong. For example being black is just not being black if that makes sense. Race and culture are skin deep and its not just colour.

Now let me ask you this. Say a white man identifies as a black man and say "Hey I know what you guys go through, I know what it's like to be discriminated against etc". Like, don't you see how wrong that is. Identifying to a different race is wrong because you are trying to be something your not.

The fundamental principle is allowing them to be who they are. From homosexuality to transgenderism, we have tried to dictate to others how they should be, who they should love and what they should think.

Now we understand that it is not a crime for a man to love another man and a woman to identify as a man. I just don't understand why we struggle to accept that a small white woman can identify as a big black guy. I am not trying to be offensive, but why do we accept one but reject the other? Is it because the “expert” have told us what to think?

Race and culture is skin deep, but what about human identity. How do you know that someone like Rachel Dolezal or Jai Du, former name Adam, arent deeply connected to the race they identify as?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-filipino/amp/

I honestly think we should look at this again. We cannot and shouldn’t choose who has equal rights and who doesn’t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdddd)
    It might have been pushed a little far but it was still a valid point. Views on Brexit, Remain or Leave?
    I would have voted leave. due too...
    a slightly tighter border control
    No EU court
    Control of our fishing waters
    in the hope we can become more independent
    The fee we pay

ReputationRep:
    What are your thoughts on the so called racially diverse cast of Black Panther?

Also, with Corbyn being a spy as well as not a viable candidate for PM since he refuses to use nukes thus making him a defensive liability to the nation, who's the next PM going to be and why?

ReputationRep:
    I would have voted leave. due too...
    a slightly tighter border control
    No EU court
    Control of our fishing waters
    in the hope we can become more independent
    The fee we pay
    You're one of these racists then Were you not older enough to vote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlintofBavaria)
    What are your thoughts on the so called racially diverse cast of Black Panther?

Also, with Corbyn being a spy as well as not a viable candidate for PM since he refuses to use nukes thus making him a defensive liability to the nation, who's the next PM going to be and why?
    i believe labour should be clear with national defense and funding. Using nukes isn't the answer though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdddd)
    You're one of these racists then Were you not older enough to vote?
    I honestly believe immigration is great! it's just uncontrollable immigration which is bad. However, i wasn't even old enough to vote. Was you?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.