Turn on thread page Beta

I'm a Labour party supporter. ask me anything! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard.T)
    I honestly believe immigration is great! it's just uncontrollable immigration which is bad. However, i wasn't even old enough to vote. Was you?
    I have nothing against European immigrants, they are lovely and im friends with a lot of them. Its the immigrants we are getting due to the crisis in Iraq and Syria etc. They are coming to us for money they are economic immigrants. They travel through all these safe countries; Turkey, Hungary, Serbia, Czech Republic, Greece etc, why do they come here? Cause they know our state will give them benefits. I wasn't old enough at the time, but, nice to see a fellow young leaver as they say they are rare. They even want a referendum just for young people? How ridiculous is that? 'its our future', even if you're 60 going about by average death age in the UK which is I think 80, they then have 20 years to live if they were to die at that age lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jdddd)
    I have nothing against European immigrants, they are lovely and im friends with a lot of them. Its the immigrants we are getting due to the crisis in Iraq and Syria etc. They are coming to us for money they are economic immigrants. They travel through all these safe countries; Turkey, Hungary, Serbia, Czech Republic, Greece etc, why do they come here? Cause they know our state will give them benefits. I wasn't old enough at the time, but, nice to see a fellow young leaver as they say they are rare. They even want a referendum just for young people? How ridiculous is that? 'its our future', even if you're 60 going about by average death age in the UK which is I think 80, they then have 20 years to live if they were to die at that age lol
    i agree with you. unfortunately people believe people who voted leave are racist and im the opposite 😂! Any other questions?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlintofBavaria)
    What are your thoughts on the so called racially diverse cast of Black Panther?

Also, with Corbyn being a spy as well as not a viable candidate for PM since he refuses to use nukes thus making him a defensive liability to the nation, who's the next PM going to be and why?
    Moggy Moggy Moggy.

ReputationRep:
    i agree with you. unfortunately people believe people who voted leave are racist and im the opposite 😂! Any other questions?
    Exactly same as me mate, no space for racism in any society, its stupid. If you use the 'race card' in any argument that has no mention of race then you should be put down haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    The fundamental principle is allowing them to be who they are. From homosexuality to transgenderism, we have tried to dictate to others how they should be, who they should love and what they should think.

Now we understand that it is not a crime for a man to love another man and a woman to identify as a man. I just don't understand why we struggle to accept that a small white woman can identify as a big black guy. I am not trying to be offensive, but why do we accept one but reject the other? Is it because the “expert” have told us what to think?

Race and culture is skin deep, but what about human identity. How do you know that someone like Rachel Dolezal or Jai Du, former name Adam, arent deeply connected to the race they identify as?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-filipino/amp/

I honestly think we should look at this again. We cannot and shouldn’t choose who has equal rights and who doesn’t.
    right, so you are being serious. do you mind if i ask, do you identify to a different race yourself?

i think some of the points you have made are a bit silly if i'm honest. being transgender or gay is different to race. let me put it this way. Gender is not a biological trait passed from parent to child. where as race is, in other words racial features are passed on but gender isn't. As for being gay it's something you cannot help because you cant help who you are attracted to or who you fall in love with.

the same concept can't be applied to race. it is something you are born with and you are going to learn to live with it and just be proud of your roots. like i said its not just about race its also about history, your culture etc. someone else from a different race can't randomly form a connection with someone elses history or culture if that makes sense. thats why the whole idea of being "transracial" is silly to me.

if someone does identify as a transracial then i still think they should be given equal rights and should not be mistreated. but it's largly offensive to a lot of people and they just can't expect other people not to say anything. if a white man identifies as a black men, he would always still be a white man. race is just something you can't change. it's something you ar born with. period.

ReputationRep:
    any other questions for me?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    any other questions for me?
    Who was your greatest Prime Minister and would you go into Politics in the near future?

ReputationRep:
    Who was your greatest Prime Minister and would you go into Politics in the near future?
    I honestly really like Jeremy Corbyn. i would like to explore politics but i highly doubt I'll be able to get into it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by noey123)
    right, so you are being serious. do you mind if i ask, do you identify to a different race yourself?

i think some of the points you have made are a bit silly if i'm honest. being transgender or gay is different to race. let me put it this way. Gender is not a biological trait passed from parent to child. where as race is, in other words racial features are passed on but gender isn't. As for being gay it's something you cannot help because you cant help who you are attracted to or who you fall in love with.

the same concept can't be applied to race. it is something you are born with and you are going to learn to live with it and just be proud of your roots. like i said its not just about race its also about history, your culture etc. someone else from a different race can't randomly form a connection with someone elses history or culture if that makes sense. thats why the whole idea of being "transracial" is silly to me.

if someone does identify as a transracial then i still think they should be given equal rights and should not be mistreated. but it's largly offensive to a lot of people and they just can't expect other people not to say anything. if a white man identifies as a black men, he would always still be a white man. race is just something you can't change. it's something you ar born with. period.
    I think you are getting it wrong. Gender is different to sex. Gender is social and sex is biological. Transgenderism, i think, attempts to break the stigma for those who don't identify as part of a particular gender.

Race is also another social construct. If you study the past, the concept of race was invented in Europe to separate groups of people. Even in Europe, then, not all Europeans were considered “white”.

The point is that racial identity, to me, is a social construct and this eliminates the need to be stuck on archiac principles of identity. So if a white man wants to identify as a Asian, he should be allowed to do so.

Finally, you are not born black or white, you are born English, Dutch, Igbo, Han or Hebrew. Race was created to separate us.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I honestly really like Jeremy Corbyn. i would like to explore politics but i highly doubt I'll be able to get into it
    Corbyn is not the PM nor has he ever being in Number 10.

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn is not the PM nor has he ever being in Number 10.
    i thought we were thinking politicians, my bad.

ReputationRep:
    anymore questions?

ReputationRep:
    thank you all for the questions!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.