Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I am currently studying for my highers, I reckon I can do well enough to get into the course I want to do at uni this year. I am doing Maths, English, Computing, Chemistry and Physics.
    Currently I am making my subject choices and I am hoping just to mess around next year. So far I have decided on Advanced Computing (I enjoy it and have already done some of the coursework as I am ahead), a part time college course in cyber security and higher photography. Although I need one more subject.
    The sheet offers YASS modules on open university. Now I just want to mess about next year so I was wondering if they are easy/require much work. Would I be better picking something like practical metalwork?

ReputationRep:
    The YASS modules give you a firm foundation for level 1 study and ease the transition to uni so it depends on really what your plans are. They are foundation access modules typically and are designed to get you to a standard capable of writing university level essays.

The STEM one would be a good start followed by the level 1 computing courses leading to the the CCNA at level 2 and 3. If your into programming i'd highly recommend that you follow the modules for that route as their is a skills shortage in the market and coders earn crazy £££.

Best of luck.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.