The Student Room Group

Psychometric tests: HOW TO PASS revealing how it works

Hey All,

I thought it would be good to discuss what I found out by taking a number of these and pass them successfully.

Let me start of by saying that they are designed to understand a persons character to decipher whether they are suited to working life.

But..
A BIG BUT! lol

These are FARRRR FROM THAT, 'there is no right or wrong answer' is a myth......!!! it actually is like a GCSE exam.

So..In order to pass, your answers must be 'THE CORRECT' thing to do.

You know what i mean ?

Employers believe they can fool us
Now when you take these tests, your first thought is
'okay what would be the professional thing to do in this situation'

BUT that is a big misconception !!! Professionalism is dying out and with psychological theories dictating decision making etc... business are looking for one thing and one thing only.

So REMEMBER
Pick the 'correct' thing to do and not the 'professional' thing to do
------------

Let me add that i failed these tests when i first started applying for jobs then i started passing loads because i changed my approach... I DO NOT AGREE WITH PSYCHOMETRIC TESTs because when hiring a person you should look at their character and this reeally does not do that..#

ALL I RECOGNISED WAS THE FLAW INTO HOW TO PASS PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS sadly.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by J-SP
This is not quite correct and this comes from someone who designs such tests.

Are you mad !!??? LOL! i designed no such tests at alll!! I am merely criticising it and giving everyone the cheatcode becaause i actually passed loads when i been applying for jobs online
Reply 2
Original post by J-SP
I meant you are wrong, and I know you are because I have designed such tests.

Let me tell you I am correct. I have determined the formula, read the lil extra bit i put at the bottom of my original post you really design awful tests.
Reply 3
Original post by J-SP
I am sure you think you are. But you aren’t.

Some tests are designed badly, some are implemented badly, some are measured badly. The vast majority are not though.

from a primark to banks to healthcare related jobs I was able to use this formula.

So whatever i think or believe is beyond the fact that these tests are an inaccurate depiction of someones professional skill. It just looks at individuals who are 'perfect' and hence every answer to every question is the 'perfect' 'ideal' situation answer.

This is sad because in early days when i took these tests and failed around 3 times. It was because i was too diplomatic and i kept thinking 'wait what would be considered professional' or 'what would my manager expect from me' And disappointingly- i failed.
Reply 4
Original post by J-SP
This is all your opinion. None of it is accurate or provides any real insight into how these tests are designed or assessed.

Totally... I am sure if you gave me one by mns right now i would pass it lol. I even helped my friends answer some questions using this same technique. I have done this experiment myself. It is not an opinion it is FACTS..
Reply 5
Original post by J-SP
So explain the technique then - your post suggests you would reveal how, but I haven’t seen any evidence of that so far. I’d be very interested to hear more about it.

And I can’t give you a test. They are individually designed for each company, and sometimes even down to the type of role you are applying to.

I already reveleaded how..

I Can't believe you are content with such a formulated test to analyse whether someone is appropriate for a job role! It is beyond me why anyone would think this is a true reflections of ones ability.

Let me tell you a few years ago when i started applying for jobs and was confronted with these tests i always thought well I will obviously pick what ithink is the most professional. Then I would see questions and I know nothing about working life, so how on earth would you even know whats considered professional at work. In school you don't get taught about it. It is actually really sad. Anyway the underpinning strategy is not even based on the professional thing to do it just looks at the most mother teresa like person.
Reply 6
I failed the Waitrose test 3 times. I had an employee try it. I had a teacher try it. I had a german try it. I had a CS rep try it. They all failed. I have no idea how people pass it. I passed the BT online test as well as several for other organisations. Yet I got job offers for something quadruple the pay and came from something with triple. It sawks and online test do too.
Reply 7
Original post by 8472
I failed the Waitrose test 3 times. I had an employee try it. I had a teacher try it. I had a german try it. I had a CS rep try it. They all failed. I have no idea how people pass it. I passed the BT online test as well as several for other organisations. Yet I got job offers for something quadruple the pay and came from something with triple. It sawks and online test do too.

That is wht I am saying only people who think 1 way will pass it. Because there is a formula, it really does not look at skills and qualities would want in an individual. Hence why when you take the test from a different perspective you would be able to pass it.
Ummmmm. There is no pass or fail in a psychometric test.

It's a personality indicator only.

Suitability for the job is not about 'passing' the test.
Reply 9
forget the word 'indicator', if someone even getting an interview relies on this test, then it is a POOR indicator.

and YES there IS a pass/ fail to it... And there always will be

Because I have helped a number of friends pass the test... Why else would I be so eager to share this with others on here.

Original post by J-SP
I’m content as I know they are one of the strongest predictors of performance on the job when used appropriately. Far better than most other selection tools used in recruitment processes.

And what you think these tests assess is not the reality.

Original post by uberteknik
Ummmmm. There is no pass or fail in a psychometric test.

It's a personality indicator only.

Suitability for the job is not about 'passing' the test.

Original post by 8472
Original post by jumjum
forget the word 'indicator', if someone even getting an interview relies on this test, then it is a POOR indicator.

and YES there IS a pass/ fail to it... And there always will be

Because I have helped a number of friends pass the test... Why else would I be so eager to share this with others on here.

What else do you 'cheat' at in life if it suits your motive?
Reply 11
What else do you 'cheat' at in life if it suits your motive?

CHEAT? You really must be delusional. LOL This is a joke. The psychometric tests are so poor that it uses a formula.. Changing your personality to pass a test is cheating? You must be jealous lil man
Original post by jumjum
CHEAT? You really must be delusional. LOL This is a joke. The psychometric tests are so poor that it uses a formula.. Changing your personality to pass a test is cheating? You must be jealous lil man

Oh dear. Now we see your true personality.
Reply 13
I did the waitrose one again. Passed it and all the others. I retract my original comment.
Reply 14
My attitude is based on you.. MY personality is based on me. Professionalism is noones personality- it is their behaviour
Oh dear. Now we see your true personality.
Original post by jumjum
My attitude is based on you.. MY personality is based on me. Professionalism is noones personality- it is their behaviour

And you don't see any irony with that answer in the context of 'cheating' the psychometric test and pulling the wool over the eyes of any employer? lol.

Go to bed son.
Reply 16
And you don't see any irony with that answer in the context of 'cheating' the psychometric test and pulling the wool over the eyes of any employer? lol.

Go to bed son.

most people employed probably have cheated in life, whether in school, with partners, or in general theft

son.
Original post by jumjum
most people employed probably have cheated in life, whether in school, with partners, or in general theft

son.

Probably.

Do what ever you want with your own life. I'm sure mommy will be proud.
Reply 18
Probably.

Do what ever you want with your own life. I'm sure mommy will be proud.

I am a grown adult to be worrying about parents LMFAO! GROW UP GET SOME LIFE LESSONS youu ignorant fool
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jumjum
Hey All,

I thought it would be good to discuss what I found out by taking a number of these and pass them successfully.

Let me start of by saying that they are designed to understand a persons character to decipher whether they are suited to working life.

But..
A BIG BUT! lol

These are FARRRR FROM THAT, 'there is no right or wrong answer' is a myth......!!! it actually is like a GCSE exam.

So..In order to pass, your answers must be 'THE CORRECT' thing to do.

You know what i mean ?

Employers believe they can fool us
Now when you take these tests, your first thought is
'okay what would be the professional thing to do in this situation'

BUT that is a big misconception !!! Professionalism is dying out and with psychological theories dictating decision making etc... business are looking for one thing and one thing only.

So REMEMBER
Pick the 'correct' thing to do and not the 'professional' thing to do
------------

Let me add that i failed these tests when i first started applying for jobs then i started passing loads because i changed my approach... I DO NOT AGREE WITH PSYCHOMETRIC TESTs because when hiring a person you should look at their character and this reeally does not do that..#

ALL I RECOGNISED WAS THE FLAW INTO HOW TO PASS PSYCHOMETRIC TESTS sadly.

:unsure:

could you give an example of a correct answer vs a professional answer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending