The Student Room Group

feeling not good enough

So I have been with my bf for a while now and everything between us is going fantastic there has never been a problem. The only problem is other people causing grief (mainly his mum) and like a strong couple we have got through it all. Recently I have found out that a few people (girls from his work) have been saying I'm not good enough for him. There is no doubt my bf is amazing and deserves the world but its bugging me that they are saying that to him. His friends, most family and males at work all say we are fantastic together and glad we are happy but I just can't forget what them girls have been saying. Am I overthinking it?
I would ask your boyfriend to tell his mother and friends to stop saying you aren’t good enough. They shouldn’t make you feel like that and he shouldn’t be letting them say that to him. It’s not fair on you!
If people I knew were saying that about my girlfriend, I'd be shutting them down straight away. There isn't any need for it and it's only going to cause issues. Nip this in the bud whilst you can - Communication :smile:
Yeah speak with ur bf. Quite unfair and uncalled for, for some to say sometin like that
Reply 4
He has spent all day reassuring me that he loves me and only wants me. He keeps saying not to feel negative about myself because to him I'm perfect etc etc but it's not enough to make me feel better
Reply 5
Thank you all for your advice I really appreciate it 😊
Reply 6
Forget what others think about your relationship, they could be the type to sabotage a perfectly good relationship because they're being *****y.

If you're happy then that's all that matters.

Quick Reply

Latest