Alfie Evans: Sick toddler’s life support ‘can end’ Watch

This discussion is closed.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Ah see I was under the assumption that he probably wouldn't have much capacity for pain in the circumstances. if they can't be too sure then I suppose that's rather more problematic. I'm not too big on child suffering. Reiterating my slightly psychopathic-sounding point from before though, I'm not sure his rate of deterioration is too relevant if the British medical profession have effectively concluded that his death is already inevitable. Although I suppose that kinda relates to your second point, which is great 'cause now I can force a segue...

On the second point erm... I'll have to let it brew for a bit, so to speak. I'm not sure where my head is on that one tbph.
Not a simple assessment by any stretch, eh.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by gjd800)
Not a simple assessment by any stretch, eh.
Well I don't envy the doctors, to say the least.
unrecognisable
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Ah see I was under the assumption that he probably wouldn't have much capacity for pain in the circumstances. if they can't be too sure then I suppose that's rather more problematic. I'm not too big on child suffering. Reiterating my slightly psychopathic-sounding point from before though, I'm not sure his rate of deterioration is too relevant if the British medical profession have effectively concluded that his death is already inevitable. Although I suppose that kinda relates to your second point, which is great 'cause now I can force a segue...

On the second point erm... I'll have to let it brew for a bit, so to speak. I'm not sure where my head is on that one tbph.
I’d just like to reiterate gjd800’s great points. The hospital that intend to take him have themselves admitted that journey may induce seizures. These seizures would damage Alfie’s brain even further and lead to not only a possibly painful death but one that would be messy and traumatic for medical staff and the parents a like. You also run the risk of the parents not being able to be there when their son passes.

The second biggest harm of taking Alfie to Rome is that they are proposing to perform a trachy/PEG. This would see Alfie on an operating table. We are faced with the same problems as before where Alfie could feel pain, or again could have a horrible death. Fitting these will merely mean it is easier to keep him ‘alive’ (and I mean that in the most primitive sense) for longer. The way Alfie is currently alive is viewed by the medical team (and I fully support this) as suffering.

Changing location therefore is far more harmful than any potential benefits of which, for Alfie, there are none. Moving him would only be detrimental to him but maybe of some comfort to the parents- and this is why the courts must get involved. Parents, unfortunately, do not always know best.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Fungal toe nail
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
These "doctors" have blood on their hands.
Shabalala
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Up until recently I have had sympathy for Alfie Evans parents but not anymore, the father especially is just a little jumped up ignorant chav. Sure he no doubt loves his son but the parents don’t seem to be able to bear loosing a child he’s not worrying about the suffering that Alfie will have to live through if he is kept on life support.

The whole “Alfie’s Army” thing is pathetic aswell, it just seems to be a bunch of single mums who think motherhood gives them some sort of deep and special knowledge that the rest of us don’t understand, and it’s no surprise they seem to be drawn from the uneducated/unemployed portion of society most intelligent people will realise the numerous doctors involved should be listened to not grieving parents.

The parents actions at the hospital are a joke the Police should permanently brake the “Army” up they are causing huge distress to the other sick children and their families in the hospital but they don’t give a **** about them they just want attention and spotlight when they should be spending their time with their dying son before he passes it shows where their priorities lie. The threatening of Doctors and Nurses from the hospital is shameful and anyone responsible including the Evans’s should be hammered by the police.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
How are they intending to fly him to Italy? Assuming he's even medically fit to fly.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
*Alfie has died.

RIP
MrDystopia
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Fungal toe nail)
These "doctors" have blood on their hands.
Why? Nothing more could've been done for him.
TheLight2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Name and shame the doctors.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by TheLight2)
Name and shame the doctors.
What good will that do?
chrish712
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for this post, this is the best to provide information for those who want to support its life-saving procedure which would be helpful. So keep it up. I too know a southern California mobile CPR, they offer American heart association or EMS safety CPR training and two year CPR card.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (454)
38.06%
No - but I will (89)
7.46%
No - I don't want to (83)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (567)
47.53%

Watched Threads