The Student Room Group

gcse art advice

So I'm doing my first art exam. Those of you who take gcse art will know that you are given several words from which you have to pick one and go down that route. As this is the first time, we were only given three words which are: Decay, Journeys and Fragments. I need to pick one but I am struggling. I was thinking of choosing fragments but I'm stuck so I reached out to you. What word would you choose and why?
Fragments seems more vesatile..people, personalities, objects, cultures. For Decay I could only think of food lol
Reply 2
Original post by Gaxia_zoom
Fragments seems more vesatile..people, personalities, objects, cultures. For Decay I could only think of food lol

Thanks
As said above, fragments really goes into everything. Literally take any subject, break it up and boom, you've got it :biggrin:

I'm doing a level art at the moment, and our last mock was on journeys. Tbh you could do anything with that either. My final piece ended up being a collage of a fox kicking a dog and calling it politics, so there you go.
My initial ideas were stuff like
-Journey into manhood
-Journey to space
-Journey to complete breakdown
-Journey throughout time
-Journey to find dominance (which is what I went with in the end)
So yea, if you want, use those ideas if you have none of your own
I know that a level is *slightly* different to gcse, but the general gist is the same.

Good luck!
(Keep on top of all your work, you don't want to fall behind c; )
Original post by Igorzycho
So I'm doing my first art exam. Those of you who take gcse art will know that you are given several words from which you have to pick one and go down that route. As this is the first time, we were only given three words which are: Decay, Journeys and Fragments. I need to pick one but I am struggling. I was thinking of choosing fragments but I'm stuck so I reached out to you. What word would you choose and why?

Moved to Creative and performance arts :smile:

Quick Reply