Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’ve applied for the History with a European Language course at UCL, received the standard offer of AAA but have been asked to answer a question which may result in a lower offer of AAB. I have not yet heard back from UCL admissions yet, just wondering how long it took after their deadline date for people to get a reply?
    TIA
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I did one and it took about two weeks for them to reply with an email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
    Thanks!!😀

ReputationRep:
    I was an early applicant, applied for history, and they gave me a month to answer the question. I got an offer of AAA on 3rd November, and got my offer reduced on 29th November to AAB (with an A in history)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munkysox)
    I was an early applicant, applied for history, and they gave me a month to answer the question. I got an offer of AAA on 3rd November, and got my offer reduced on 29th November to AAB (with an A in history)
    What GCSE's did you get? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    That’s so good well done
    So I still haven’t heard back! I applied around November but there was a mix up with my predicted grades so they were not corrected until mid january. I then received my offer the same day they had been corrected and took about 2 weeks to send off my essay taking us to 31st Jan of this year.
    Should I firm my offer without knowing about the essay yet? I’ve emailed to ask but haven’t had a clear answer back. I’ve applied for UCL accommodation and I’ll firm them no matter what I’m offered. Just wanted your opinion on what you’d do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zm2088)
    I did one and it took about two weeks for them to reply with an email.
    Congrats! So I still haven’t heard back! I applied around November but there was a mix up with my predicted grades so they were not corrected until mid january. I then received my offer the same day they had been corrected and took about 2 weeks to send off my essay taking us to 31st Jan of this year. Should I firm my offer without knowing about the essay yet? I’ve emailed to ask but haven’t had a clear answer back. I’ve applied for UCL accommodation and I’ll firm them no matter what I’m offered. Just wanted your opinion on what you’d do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maemelia)
    That’s so good well done
    So I still haven’t heard back! I applied around November but there was a mix up with my predicted grades so they were not corrected until mid january. I then received my offer the same day they had been corrected and took about 2 weeks to send off my essay taking us to 31st Jan of this year.
    Should I firm my offer without knowing about the essay yet? I’ve emailed to ask but haven’t had a clear answer back. I’ve applied for UCL accommodation and I’ll firm them no matter what I’m offered. Just wanted your opinion on what you’d do.
    If you're really certain you want to go, and you've done all your research then go ahead and firm it. As yet, I haven't decided which uni I want to go to- It's a toss-up between Cambridge, UCL, and Edinburgh. Just make sure you definitely want to go there after considering the merits of all the unis you've applied to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.m30)
    What GCSE's did you get? Thanks!
    6A*, 4A, B, C
    A*s:
    -English language
    -English literature
    -History
    -Drama
    -Biology
    -Chemistry
    As:
    -Maths
    -Physics
    -Religious studies
    -Media
    B: Fine art, C:Further maths

ReputationRep:
    Awesome, well done! Do you think I'd have a chance with 5A's, 3A*'s and 2B's? Thanks!

6A*, 4A, B, C
    A*s
    -English language
    -English literature
    -History
    -Drama
    -Biology
    -Chemistry
    As:
    -Maths
    -Physics
    -Religious studies
    -Media
    B: Fine art, C:Further maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.m30)
    Awesome, well done! Do you think I'd have a chance with 5A's, 3A*'s and 2B's? Thanks!
    You definitely would- so long as you work really hard in your first year of college/6th form because I get the feeling that now AS levels are out of the picture, predicted grades will matter much more

ReputationRep:
    You definitely would- so long as you work really hard in your first year of college/6th form because I get the feeling that now AS levels are out of the picture, predicted grades will matter much more
    Yeah, I'll make sure my predicted grades are in the region of A*AA etc. What were yours?

With GCSE's, it's just that everyone applying has more A*'s than anything else.. and so I am getting worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.m30)
    Yeah, I'll make sure my predicted grades are in the region of A*AA etc. What were yours?

With GCSE's, it's just that everyone applying has more A*'s than anything else.. and so I am getting worried.
    Honestly don't worry- most unis don't even look at them much. A levels are a whole different ball game. I did AS levels (max. grade A) and got:
    A- English lit
    A- Biology
    B- History
    B- Chemistry
    Seeing as I applied to do history I don't think that's too bad. My predicted grades for A level are A*A*A (with the A being in history). For me, I think my personal statement gave me an edge because I have friends who got 4 or 5 As in their AS levels and didn't get offers from the same unis as me (then again, they were applying for highly competitive maths/science courses)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.