The Student Room Group

I'm considering leaving TSR. What do you think?

TSR is now just a vanity project for a few people's CVs (those who work in the head office in Brighton). Completely unnecessary changes are made which frustrate users; it's incredibly obvious that these things are a, "Look at me, I can make changes to this website, this will look good on my CV", type thing and are just done for the sake of it. 'Today on TSR' is always total clickbait; the admins twist the titles and meanings of threads so much so they get more clicks. There is more advertising than ever before in an attempt to make as much money as possible.

Many people's threads are about situations where applying a little bit of common sense would fix the whole thing. Homophobic and racist content is posted and it stays for longer than it should, therefore threads get more views and thus TSR makes more money from advertising.

The mobile site seems to have been purposely made to lag and jump to get more people to download and use the app, which is another vanity project (I have used the mobile site on top Apple and Android devices and all have the same issues). TSR never needed an app but since so many companies have apps these days, TSR has been championing its own pointless app; the people in charge think it will look good on their CVs that they made and maintain an app.

I have been thinking of leaving for a couple of months and I know a lot of people don't like me on here (not that I care). What do you think I should do?
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

k bye
Reply 2
I, and probably anyone else, don’t think will give two shits.
Good Luck x
bye

Tbh I take long hiatuses too and I have no idea why I come back. Literally ANYTHING is a better use of someone’s time than TSR. go add to your excel spreadsheet of how many boys you’ve banged or smth and get thot patrolled by your teacher again
(edited 6 years ago)
its ur decision. no one can tell u what u should do.
see ya
I get what you are saying

The clickbait is disheartening to see, I make a point of not clicking it to avoid boosting the numbers. I don't know whether it is indicative of a lack of good threads in other areas - maybe promote someone's blog or a debate or something? :dontknow:

The app I do not understand and have no desire to download - I'm fine with the mobile site.

Ultimately hanging around Internet forums for more than 10 minutes a day is a waste of time, if you want to use it more productively then go for it
I agree with all the points you made. If you're unhappy, then leave. Honestly no need to make a big farewell post about it to get attention and people saying "no don't go" or "you'll be missed". Just go if it's making you angry.

Original post by Glassapple
TSR is now just a vanity project for a few people's CVs (those who work in the head office in Brighton). Completely unnecessary changes are made which frustrate users; it's incredibly obvious that these things are a, "Look at me, I can make changes to this website, this will look good on my CV", type thing and are just done for the sake of it. 'Today on TSR' is always total clickbait; the admins twist the titles and meanings of threads so much so they get more clicks. There is more advertising than ever before in an attempt to make as much money as possible.

Many people's threads are about situations where applying a little bit of common sense would fix the whole thing. Homophobic and racist content is posted and it stays for longer than it should, therefore threads get more views and thus TSR makes more money from advertising.

The mobile site seems to have been purposely made to lag and jump to get more people to download and use the app, which is another vanity project (I have used the mobile site on top Apple and Android devices and all have the same issues). TSR never needed an app but since so many companies have apps these days, TSR has been championing its own pointless app; the people in charge think it will look good on their CVs that they made and maintain an app.

I have been thinking of leaving for a couple of months and I know a lot of people don't like me on here. What do you think I should do?
Tbh TSR is getting dry. The threads arent interesting as before but are now filled with immature users and trolls who clearly have nothing else to do with their lives.
Reply 10

I have been thinking of leaving for a couple of months and I know a lot of people don't like me on here. What do you think I should do?

I would stay just to piss them off :laugh:
Reply 11
You'd probably be happier if you left. TSR is addictive but kind of sucks the soul out of you sometimes. You don't really need to be on here and you'd probably be better off spending your time doing something more productive as there's only so much TSR can do for you. It's just a bit of validation and ego boosting every now and then when someone reps you. I think it's good for people who like the sound of their own voice but then you should probably just voice your opinions in real life to your mates or write it down somewhere. It's a good way to escape from what's going on in your life but it's not that healthy. This isn't directed at you btw, just thoughts I've had for a while. (Also this is my back up account before you judge my lack of posts).
i dont know you but bye
Original post by ANM775
I would stay just to piss them off :laugh:

Lol ngl thats the part of the reaosn why Im still active on here. Threads like that are jokesss

This entire paragraph here is the truth, nothing but the damn truth. So many threads like this.
Anyway, that up to you-its true your not liked but I thought you didn't really care about haters anyways. Ah well, maybe the therapy is working. Honestly, if TSR isn't working for you, leave it. TSR isn't the same as it used to be and beside i'm sure you would find someplace else to keep you occupied.
Funny, I just saw someone *****ing about what a narcissistic, attention seeking b*ll*nd you are. Looks like you've created quite the reputation lol. Honestly, I don't see why it should matter if you take a break or not, it'll still be here when you come back. It's not like an MMORPG where there is the risk of losing contact or falling out of sync with your questing buddies. Judging by the reception, nobody cares either way
There's loads of useful things here.. 🤔
lots of people are leaving tsr.. its just not the same like it was in 2016.
Original post by orderofthelotus
go add to your excel spreadsheet of how many boys you’ve banged

They bang me more than I bang them. I've got another one to add to the Excel spreadsheet from earlier today.

Original post by mc_miah
This entire paragraph here is the truth, nothing but the damn truth. So many threads like this.
Anyway, that up to you-its true your not liked but I thought you didn't really care about haters anyways. Ah well, maybe the therapy is working. Honestly, if TSR isn't working for you, leave it. TSR isn't the same as it used to be and beside i'm sure you would find someplace else to keep you occupied.

I don't care about the haters at all, I was just stating their existence.
(edited 6 years ago)
You're one of TSR's most interesting people. Please don't leave us. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest