sarah_145
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gemmax4)
Are you wondering about the video interview or the AC?
The video interview!

Have you sat for it? Would you be able to give me an idea on what the format is like?

Finance and Accountancy Careers Content Blocks

bailey412
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sarah_145)
The video interview!

Have you sat for it? Would you be able to give me an idea on what the format is like?
The video interview consisted of 4 or 5 questions, can’t remember them as I sat it over a month ago but they all focused on strength based answers rather than competency based. They give you scenarios and ask how you would respond if you were the person dealing with it for all of the questions, except the first one which asked what I liked to do in my spare time. Hope this helps and good luck with it
sarah_145
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bailey412)
The video interview consisted of 4 or 5 questions, can’t remember them as I sat it over a month ago but they all focused on strength based answers rather than competency based. They give you scenarios and ask how you would respond if you were the person dealing with it for all of the questions, except the first one which asked what I liked to do in my spare time. Hope this helps and good luck with it
Ah thank you so much!

And good luck! What did you apply for?

Also, were there any numerical questions or case studies in the interview?
And how long did you get to prepare for each question and how long do you get to speak for each question?

Were you able to record your answers more than once?
Advertisement
bailey412
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ah thank you so much!

And good luck! What did you apply for?

Also, were there any numerical questions or case studies in the interview?
And how long did you get to prepare for each question and how long do you get to speak for each question?

Were you able to record your answers more than once?
I applied for external auditing. There were no calculations required in the interview, and honestly I can't remember if there were any case studies. I know they gave a couple of mini scenarios to which I had to answer questions. I think it varied for each question as well, but again can't fully remember as I did quite a few video interviews around the same time! There were no opportunities to re-record answers unfortunately.
Westeros
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys. Has anyone heard any updates on their assessment centre after passing the video interview? I've applied for Corp Tax and would love to know what to expect!
Advertisement
ferrety_boy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Westeros)
Hey guys. Has anyone heard any updates on their assessment centre after passing the video interview? I've applied for Corp Tax and would love to know what to expect!
I have received an email telling me that the role I applied for has been filled
Westeros
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ferrety_boy)
I have received an email telling me that the role I applied for has been filled
Oh no what line of service and office did you apply for? Have they not offered you an alternative?
Advertisement
sarah_145
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When did you take the video interview and how long did it take for them to get back to you?
Westeros
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When did you take the video interview and how long did it take for them to get back to you?
I haven't heard back from them. I done the video interview on 23rd December. I've heard they have a backlog of video interviews to catch up on though!
Advertisement
sarah_145
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I haven't heard back from them. I done the video interview on 23rd December. I've heard they have a backlog of video interviews to catch up on though!
I heard back from RSM, passed the interview!
vvvy96
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I heard back from RSM, passed the interview!
congrats!! may i know when you did the interview and how long it took for them to get back? also, is this for the london office? I'm still waiting for them to get in touch...
Advertisement
sarah_145
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vvvy96)
congrats!! may i know when you did the interview and how long it took for them to get back? also, is this for the london office? I'm still waiting for them to get in touch...
Thank you!

I took the video interview on the 24th December!
Yes, I applied for the London office, but from what Ive heard, theres a LONG QUE, for those who applied for the London office. So, I called up RSM and told them that if it speeds up the process, I'm happy to move to a different location. So i switched to Reading office..
vvvy96
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!

I took the video interview on the 24th December!
Yes, I applied for the London office, but from what Ive heard, theres a LONG QUE, for those who applied for the London office. So, I called up RSM and told them that if it speeds up the process, I'm happy to move to a different location. So i switched to Reading office..
i see, they got back to you pretty fast! i also switched from the london office to manchester and not heard back yet anyway, have u booked an ac?
Advertisement
sarah_145
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vvvy96)
i see, they got back to you pretty fast! i also switched from the london office to manchester and not heard back yet anyway, have u booked an ac?
I think the best thing to do is call the graduate office in Birmingham and ask for an update!

Haven't booked an AC, but I know that theres a 1st Feb AC in Reading coming up and they've said that once they've confirmed that date, they will send me an invite!
victoria_georgia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone have any indication of a salary and progression for the graduate scheme?
Absolutely nowhere online.
I’ve recently completed a manager interview for the role of an Internal Auditor and waiting for results.
Westeros
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by victoria_georgia)
Does anyone have any indication of a salary and progression for the graduate scheme?
Absolutely nowhere online.
I’ve recently completed a manager interview for the role of an Internal Auditor and waiting for results.
Starting salary is around £21k for a regional office. I beleive it only goes up around 1-2k in your second year
ferrety_boy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone got a phone number for the Graduate Recruitment team at RSM? I can only find an email address?

Thanks!
Advertisement
sarah_145
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ferrety_boy)
Has anyone got a phone number for the Graduate Recruitment team at RSM? I can only find an email address?

Thanks!
0121 214 3100 - Gradaute Recruitment Team is based in Birmingham . Call this no
ferrety_boy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
0121 214 3100 - Graduate Recruitment Team is based in Birmingham . Call this no
Superstar! Thank you so much
alexpack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Fatimah,What were your other questions like for the placement position?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed