Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bad grades do i have a chance in kings college london watch

Hi guys.

I want to say my problem in the easiest way possible.

I have chronic kidney disease thus I wasn't able to revise properly during GCSE period as I was extremely ill. Overall I did obtain 9 GCSES and got a D in geography GCSE.

My issue is since August I have had 8 operations and now I am in AS i feel like my dreams to get into Kings are not possible in lesson I am only getting B/C's (this is to due with missing most of the content) my mocks are in 8/9 weeks and I think it is impossible going from a C to a A in history,literature, RS (considering i've missed most of the theories and poems).

Kings has a english language entry of grade 6 (B in old gcses) but due to being ill i only obtained a 4 in gcse language and I know that wasn't my potential. Due to my language grade will I not get a place.

Also, if i get BBB in my mock is it even worth applying. I feel in the end of Year 13 i will get AAA but as I have missed most of the content and even had 3 ops in the last few weeks It is hard catching up and then also revising. Will my offers come down with Exenuating circumstances?

Retake English also dw I got an offer from kings to do philosophy, ik it’s not a hard course but at As I got AAE and they offered me a place for AAA. Explain your situation if it’s necessary
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.