Turn on thread page Beta

Does he like me watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So theres this guy at uni on my course who is in our group of friends. He's really fit and very charming but I can't tell if he's flirting with me or not. When we all go out as a big group he's usually there and is always pleasant. Last week we went out and at pres he sat really close to me and was chatting/teasing me and then when we were out he was dancing with me for most of the night. Is he just after female attention or does he actually fancy me?

ReputationRep:
    Flirt with him, see how that goes. Invite him out just as a pair. It's down to you if you like him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsk800)
    Flirt with him, see how that goes. Invite him out just as a pair. It's down to you if you like him.
    I know I like him but cause we have mutual friends it would be awkward if I asked him out just the 2 of us in case I got knocked back cause it would be really embarrassing. We're all going out tomorrow again, should I try to flirt with him then? Thank you for your help😊
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Flirt and play along but at the same time dont fall for the charm too easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1921)
    I know I like him but cause we have mutual friends it would be awkward if I asked him out just the 2 of us in case I got knocked back cause it would be really embarrassing. We're all going out tomorrow again, should I try to flirt with him then? Thank you for your help😊
    Yeah crack on. I wouldn't recommend letting your friends cheer you on though, because it isn't nice for the guy. But seriously, showing interest to go out as a pair is kinda a turn on in general because it shows confidence instead of saying that you like him and not making a move, leaving it to him if he likes what he hears.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Of course he fancies you. He's male. He's in good health. And he has eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jsk800)
    Yeah crack on. I wouldn't recommend letting your friends cheer you on though, because it isn't nice for the guy. But seriously, showing interest to go out as a pair is kinda a turn on in general because it shows confidence instead of saying that you like him and not making a move, leaving it to him if he likes what he hears.
    phenomonal advice as always nig*a.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringAccount)
    phenomonal advice as always nig*a.
    That's how I do, my g

ReputationRep:
    So I messaged him last night and he hasn't replied it wasn't anything interesting but obvs this is a bad sign right? It's not like I want a relationship with him probs just a fling, is it wrong to just want that idk, but he only ever seems interested when we're out and drunk so what does everyone suggest I do now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1921)
    So I messaged him last night and he hasn't replied it wasn't anything interesting but obvs this is a bad sign right? It's not like I want a relationship with him probs just a fling, is it wrong to just want that idk, but he only ever seems interested when we're out and drunk so what does everyone suggest I do now?
    Take a step back from it all, like you don't want to seem intense or too much right now because its so early on in the 'fling'. Talk to him when you're in person but don't always be the first to spark up a convo, id say just make eye contact a few times and flirt, theres no harm in it.
    When you're sober you may need to start the convo because maybe he's just more confident in himself in when he's had something to drink and is too nervous when sober??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wattanalise)
    Take a step back from it all, like you don't want to seem intense or too much right now because its so early on in the 'fling'. Talk to him when you're in person but don't always be the first to spark up a convo, id say just make eye contact a few times and flirt, theres no harm in it.
    When you're sober you may need to start the convo because maybe he's just more confident in himself in when he's had something to drink and is too nervous when sober??
    Thank you! I just can't ever tell if he's interested or not. He normally starts the convo when we're out together like at pres he'll come and sit really close and be flirty/tease me and then dance close when we're out but he's never tried anything. I'm usually fairly sober so idk if I need to be a bit more drunk for him to be up for it? But I'll try the eye contact thing and try and come across more confident cause he's a very confident person.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he just likes the fun side to it, like he enjoys having someone he knows he can flirt with and mess around with on a night out. Don't fall too hard just yet!!

ReputationRep:
    I've definitely not fallen for him I know he's not an opportunity for a relationship but I'm worried he thinks I want one which is why he hasn't gone for anything yet. He's replied now and I could give a flirty response but should I? Cause we're on the same course if it got awkward it would be really awkward cause I'd see him most days

ReputationRep:
    give it a shot. life is about learning.
    if you don't, you'll be thinking 'i should have'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.