Yes - if you work on-calls (unsocial hours) then you get paid more, according to how much on-calls you do. See this thread(Original post by peeked)
Oh okay, so are there anyways to get bonuses or increases in the salary? Like if you work longer?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5210640 for more details.
https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employ...hs-consultantsAlso what are 'Clinical excellence awards'? How many ways are there of increasing the salary? Sorry for being annoying btw
The Clinical Excellence Awards (CEA) scheme is intended to recognise and reward those consultants who contribute most towards the delivery of safe and high quality care to patients and to the continuous improvement of NHS services. This includes those consultants and senior academic GPs who do so through their contribution to academic medicine.
In particular, awards are made to consultants who:
- demonstrate sustained commitment to patient care and wellbeing or improving public health
- sustain high standards of both technical and clinical aspects of service while providing patient-focused care
- in their day-to-day practice demonstrate a sustained commitment to the values and goals of the NHS by participating actively in annual job planning, observing the private practice code of conduct and showing a commitment to achieving agreed service objectives
- through active participation in clinical governance contribute to continuous improvement in service organisation and delivery
- embrace the principles of evidence-based practice
- contribute to knowledge base through research and participate actively in research governance
- are recognised as excellent teachers and or trainers and or managers
- contribute to policy-making and planning in health and healthcare
- make an outstanding contribution to professional leadership.
Turn on thread page Beta
If you were a consultant or private doctor, what car would you buy? watch
Offline21ReputationRep:TSR Support Team
- TSR Support Team
- 20-02-2018 21:44
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
- 20-02-2018 22:51
I've had one of those. I got more attention in it than any other car I've driven. Good for the ego, but just a bit noisy, even with the dynamic exhaust option switched off.
If not for anything but the ego 😂😁
- 20-02-2018 22:57
I wouldn’t buy a car id buy properties in Greece or some other failing state
- 20-02-2018 22:58
- 21-02-2018 00:11
If I got a well paid job in any field, cars don't really interest me. I would just get a hybrid car probably Toyota Prius or Lexus hybrid