Turn on thread page Beta

If you were a consultant or private doctor, what car would you buy? watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by peeked)
    Oh okay, so are there anyways to get bonuses or increases in the salary? Like if you work longer?
    Yes - if you work on-calls (unsocial hours) then you get paid more, according to how much on-calls you do. See this thread
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5210640 for more details.

Also what are 'Clinical excellence awards'? How many ways are there of increasing the salary? Sorry for being annoying btw
    https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employ...hs-consultants

The Clinical Excellence Awards (CEA) scheme is intended to recognise and reward those consultants who contribute most towards the delivery of safe and high quality care to patients and to the continuous improvement of NHS services. This includes those consultants and senior academic GPs who do so through their contribution to academic medicine.

In particular, awards are made to consultants who:

• demonstrate sustained commitment to patient care and wellbeing or improving public health
    • sustain high standards of both technical and clinical aspects of service while providing patient-focused care
    • in their day-to-day practice demonstrate a sustained commitment to the values and goals of the NHS by participating actively in annual job planning, observing the private practice code of conduct and showing a commitment to achieving agreed service objectives
    • through active participation in clinical governance contribute to continuous improvement in service organisation and delivery
    • embrace the principles of evidence-based practice
    • contribute to knowledge base through research and participate actively in research governance
    • are recognised as excellent teachers and or trainers and or managers
    • contribute to policy-making and planning in health and healthcare
    • make an outstanding contribution to professional leadership.

(Original post by nexttime)
    ...My dream car is something that is small and fuel efficient so that it is good for the environment and easy to park.
    Which is exactly what I drive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    I've had one of those. I got more attention in it than any other car I've driven. Good for the ego, but just a bit noisy, even with the dynamic exhaust option switched off.
    I look forward to being able to afford one

If not for anything but the ego 😂😁

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn’t buy a car id buy properties in Greece or some other failing state
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeadHoncho)
    I look forward to being able to afford one

If not for anything but the ego 😂😁
    It was the perfect antidote to the cloak of invisibility that shrouds women after the age of 30. But I got rid of it because of the effect that such a beautiful car had in drawing out ugly parts of my personality. Good experience to have had tho'.

ReputationRep:
    If I got a well paid job in any field, cars don't really interest me. I would just get a hybrid car probably Toyota Prius or Lexus hybrid

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.