The Student Room Group

Is SnapRevise for chemistry worth the cost ?

Exactly what the title is , looking to buy for AS-level Chemistry course for AQA just wondering if it actually worth £30

Scroll to see replies

Snap revise is really worth that much it’s great and I strongly recommend it even though I’m doing gcse
I haven't used it but I am doing fine (so far) without it using e rintoul on youtube and chemrevise for notes.
I have both the AS and A-level Biology course and it's totally worth it. Just knowing that you have the means to go over a topic, or even read ahead, really helped in year 12 and now in year 13. As well as the videos, you're also provided with summary sheets on each topic as well as full written notes.
Reply 4
Currently I am struggling to an extent with chemistry. Time to time I do use e rintoul's videos but I think I will also get the snap revise as well to ensure I make more/better progress seen as though you strongly recommend it. Much thanks for the fast responses!!!
Bought it but haven't used it as I dont find it useful for a -level
Reply 6
Seriously ? Can you please explain how it wasn't useful as I don't want to just waste £30.
Original post by Sehar.k101
Snap revise is really worth that much it’s great and I strongly recommend it even though I’m doing gcse

Original post by JaffaCakes99
I have both the AS and A-level Biology course and it's totally worth it. Just knowing that you have the means to go over a topic, or even read ahead, really helped in year 12 and now in year 13. As well as the videos, you're also provided with summary sheets on each topic as well as full written notes.

It's not worth it at all; why would you pay for things you can find for free? There are literally hundreds of free websites with methods for how to revise more effectively. If you want to read ahead then read your textbook. Your teachers will be encouraging you to take proper notes in class and will provide you with revision materials and methods.
Reply 8
I suppose just seemed a good idea with videos and questions in one place instead of having to scour the internet . However £30 seems to be a bit too much
I found it totally worth it. I actually think it is the reason I was able to go from a C to an A in Biology and from a B to an A in Chemistry. Firstly, the videos cover everything you need for what is on the spec and the concepts are broken down in an easy way to follow way, much better then my teachers could explain. Secondly, they have hundreds of exam question videos which I found the best part as the presenters spend a lot of time breaking down questions and explaining how to get full marks the part I struggled most with in Biology & Chemistry.
moving to chemistry
update: yeah, no point in snap revise, i learnt the content inside out with erintoul + chemrevise + physics and maths tutor questions.
Did you use the text book btw? Or mainly chem revise?
Original post by SilverWater
Did you use the text book btw? Or mainly chem revise?

didnt use the textbook at all, but I recently bought the CGP book for all of A level chemistry so I might use that from now. I got it for £10
What year are you in?
Original post by Grade A
What year are you in?

I just finished year 12, going into year 13 now. Should have made that clear, sorry! I think the year 13 content is a lot harder so I don't know if I can use the same methods as I did in year 12 but I'll see I guess
I used the same techniques that you listed above, just finished year 12 and was 4% off an A in Chem due to silly mistakes:colondollar:
Original post by Grade A
I used the same techniques that you listed above, just finished year 12 and was 4% off an A in Chem due to silly mistakes:colondollar:

ah thats so frustrating, i made a lot of silly mistakes as well and they're so annoying! did you do AS exams? I did internal mocks
They were internal mocks but half of the questions were from the actual AS papers. Our teachers replaced the easy questions on the real AS paper because they wanted us to be more prepared for the real exam.
Original post by Grade A
They were internal mocks but half of the questions were from the actual AS papers. Our teachers replaced the easy questions on the real AS paper because they wanted us to be more prepared for the real exam.

yeah we just did both AS papers as well. paper 1 i made so many silly mistakes, and got 59/80 which pissed me off and in paper 2 i got 70/80 which i was happy with...

...and then @thotproduct comes in with the fresh 160/160

Quick Reply

Latest