Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, I’m 13 years old and I have to pick my GCSE’s that are due to be chosen TOMORROW. I already know what I want to be in the future , and I’ve spoken to a few people , but I want to chose the best options.
    I’ve already chosen 2 of my gcse’s which are double Health & Social. I only have one more GCSE to pick. And I’m not sure what would be best for me to have a gcse to do medicine .
    I’ve been considering choosing Triple Science Award, because I know it helps with medicine and science work (obviously) , but would religious education be better to choose instead? I know it would help me as well because religious studies help with blood transfusions , abortions and all that which my teacher has told me helps with getting a nursing degree, or in medicine.
    Also I know that if I’d choose triple science I’d have to stay after school an extra hour for the lesson . Which doesn’t sound great to me .
    I’ve also been considering choosing history because I like it , but I dont know if it would benefit me in my desired job.
    Overall ;
    • Is triple science more beneficial to being a nurse rather than religious studies?
    • Do I need A levels in science to do medicine?

the science has more benefits for nursing.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Definitely science, in particular biology. Psychology and or sociology would be good options too, but I'd say biology is a must. One of the uni's I'm applying to requires a GCSE science in addition to the other standard entry requirements for a nursing degree. Look at the entry requirements at different universities that you might apply to, that will give you a good idea of what subjects they'll be looking for.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.